Accounting Manager, Commercial
Company: Hanes Brands
Location: High Point
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The position, Manager Commercial Accounting, is responsible to
accurately record, report and analyze business transactions for
Hanesbrands, Inc. The position will work closely with other members
of the Commercial Accounting team, as well as employees in Sales,
Distribution, Customer Service & Financial Business Support, to
ensure that accounting processes are in place to accurately and
timely accumulate, record, and report financial data. This position
will focus on Revenue and Reserve Accounting, but will also serve
as a flexible member of the broader commercial accounting team.
- Develop and maintain controls surrounding completeness of
revenue transactions such as review of contracts with customers,
and distribution controls regarding shipment cutoffs to assure
compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide governance to SAP OTC account determination for all
revenue and contra revenue transactions including, order types,
order reasons and set up of price conditions.
- Analyze key revenue income and balance sheet accounts and
investigate and understand major balance sheet reserves or accrual
- Monitors the month-end revenue close to ensure that revenue is
recorded in compliance with new Revenue Recognition standard ASC606
- Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Provides useful information to users of financial statements
about the nature, amount, and timing of revenue related
- Prepares monthly closings, journal entries, and account
analysis. Manage and record all required wholesale and retail
revenue related journal entries.
- Respond to internal and external audit inquiries as
- Work on multiple financial projects simultaneously. Projects
will almost all be time sensitive, so ability to schedule
activities and work under pressure is required.
Qualifications:Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance required; MBA/CMA/CPA
- 4 to 6 or years' experience in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative
skills and the ability to problem solve
- Experience executing and monitoring accounting controls a
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience using Lawson, Hyperion or SAP (FI/CO) or (Sales &
Distribution) a plus.
- Team player with developed interpersonal, communication
(written, oral and presentation), negotiating and leadership
EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Veterans/DisabledOnly applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
and hiring process should contact us directly:Telephone:
Keywords: Hanes Brands, High Point , Accounting Manager, Commercial, Accounting, Auditing , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!