Associate Vice President, Workforce & Continuing Education
Company: Guilford Technical Community College
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Workforce and Continuing
Education reports to the Vice President of Workforce and Continuing
Education (WCE). They provide administrative leadership and support
in collaboration with the Vice President of WCE to the functional
areas of the division, which includes Customized Training/Business
& Industry; Occupation Extension Programs, Occupational Extension
Professional/Career Training Programs; Personal and Professional
Enrichment and Adult Basic Education Programs. The position has
responsibility for working with colleagues throughout the college
and community, marketing, data management/institutional research,
and curriculum area administrators to assist in the design,
development, and success of existing and new programs under WCE.
The AVP works closely with the area Director(s)/Dean(s) to
determine needs throughout the division. In the absence of the Vice
President of WCE, the AVP functions as the Chief Workforce
- Provides strategic, innovative leadership in the design,
implementation and continuous improvement of the areas/programs in
the WCE division.
- Responsible for area alignment with College strategic
initiatives and facilitates the preparation of short and long-term
plans in support of College mission, vision and goals.
- Assists in the development and presenting of WCE industry,
corporate, and community partnership strategies leading to
enrollment and programmatic efficiency and growth.
- Develops processes and systems that enhance the outreach and
mission of WCE.
- Responsible for assigned budget(s) development and management.
Prepares, monitors, controls, and ensures spending within the
budget allocation. Develops cost estimates for future division
- Directs the preparation of capital equipment requests.
Supervises expenditures of capital equipment funds within College
practices, policies, and procedures.
- Represents the WCE division on college committees and
community/industry boards, initiatives, and task forces.
- Serves as College representative on various statewide, local
and college committees and attends events as appropriate.
- Ensures division compliance with applicable federal, state, and
local regulations, accrediting commissions, licensing requirements,
and with administrative regulations and Board policies as
- Responsible for employee supervision and accountability, both
direct and indirect reports, including recruitment, selection,
orientation, scheduling, evaluation, coaching, rewards/recognition,
- Actively participates on and/or leads various College
committees, meetings, and workgroups.
- Ensures division employees provide excellent customer service
and a welcoming, supportive, and respectful work environment and
investigates/resolves student/employee complaints and
- Manages full-time and part-time faculty staff for compliance
with college policies.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records, personnel files,
and other sensitive information.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative/innovative working
relationships with business and industry partners, agencies,
community organizations and/or education institutions.
- Conduct workforce education research and analysis including
appropriate market research, data collection, and analysis, as well
as pedagogical and andrological guided administrative support and
- Ensure compliance with state mandated performance measures, and
utilize data for continual program improvement.
- Employs appropriate data management and accuracy in record
keeping for all of WCE.
- Strong management and project estimating/costing
- Assist students and others with the resolution of concerns and
- Coordinates and develops training sessions, as well as
participates in professional training opportunities.
- Recruit and recommend the employment of both full-time and
part-time faculty and ensure credentials comply with all applicable
licensing and accreditation requirements
- Demonstrate and model the Colleges employability skills:
adaptability, communication, information processing, problem
solving, responsibility and teamwork.
- Personnel and student issues
- Reviewing and gaining consensus on college policy
- Maintaining state, federal, and SACSCOC compliance
- Seeking, applying, and managing grants
- Student recruitment, retention, and FTE growth
- Understanding local, regional, and national economic/workforce
trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Workforce & Continuing Education Directors, Deans and
- Vice President, Workforce & Continuing Education
- Curriculum Administrators
- Marketing & Institutional Research Departments
- Masters degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
institution in Adult Education, Business Administration,
Engineering, Manufacturing, Community College Higher
Education/Administration, or another field that would enhance an
individuals success in the job.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
institution in Adult Education, Business Administration, Community
College Higher Education/Administration, Manufacturing,
Engineering, Training and Development or another field that would
enhance the individuals success in the job.
- Five years of experience in community college education, to
include administering a comprehensive continuing education
- Experience with employee supervision including performance
- Experience in building collaborative community/workforce
- Project management experience including budget development and
- Experience in developing and implementing a variety of
- Greater than 5 years of experience in community college
education, to include administering a comprehensive continuing
The AVP will possess an understanding of and commitment to the
nature and role of community college, particularly its open door
policy. He/she The individual shall have demonstrated personal and
professional competence for the areas of responsibility assigned to
include the ability to:
- Strategically think and manage change
- Respect for diversity and inclusion
- Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments
- Create and maintain a learner centered environment
- Communicate effectively in multiple formats
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships internal and
external to the college
- Demonstrated success in managerial and leadership
- Knowledge of the business environment
Department/Job Specific Requirements
- Schedule may require day or evening responsibilities and travel
between campuses as required for performance of job
- Responsibilities may include overnight travel in, and outside
of the state, as well as occasional travel overseas in support of
college programs and initiatives
- This position requires a valid NC drivers license and
acceptable driving record.
The following (compliance) training is required and must be
completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual refresher
- Safety/Shooter on Campus
- Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
- Anti-Discrimination/Harassment & Title IX
- Other training may be required as determined applicable.
Physical Activity: Primarily sitting
Keywords: Guilford Technical Community College, High Point , Associate Vice President, Workforce & Continuing Education, Education / Teaching , Jamestown, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!