(Sign-On Bonus) Sterile Processing Staff Education Specialist, High Point
Company: Atrium Health
Location: High Point
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Responsible for overseeing the training of new employees, continuous assessment and continuing education of staff skills in the decontamination, assembly, sterilization, and storage of surgical instrumentation.
High school diploma or GED with five years' experience in Sterile Processing or completion of an accredited Sterile Processing certificate program with three years' experience in Sterile Processing.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Certification as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), or other sterile processing certification required.
1. Oversees orientation and training of all new employees and continuing education for all employees.
2. Demonstrates expert skill and knowledge in central sterile processing, incorporating developmental, cultural and ethical considerations. Acts as a resource for staff members.
3. Provides education to staff on regulatory standards and compliance, current clinical practice issues, and safety standards.
4. Maintains and updates all orientation manuals and skills checklists.
5. Creates individualized training plan for all new employees. Conducts weekly assessments of new employees and adjusts orientation training schedule as needed.
6. Assesses competency of preceptors to ensure they have the knowledge and skill to assist with orientation of new employees.
7. Provides re-education to employees as performance issues arise.
8. Coordinates in-service schedule for new instruments, continuing education, etc.
9. Maintains the in-service records and ensures that all staff receive the necessary information.
10. Adjusts schedule to work with all employees on all shifts to ensure training needs are met and supported. Demonstrates ability to work pre-arranged weekend, night, and evening hours.
11. Communicates with SPD Manager regarding any educational needs or issues.
12. Liaisons with OR Clinical Education Resource Team and assists with OR staff education as needed.
13. Protects self, co-workers and facility by following approved policies and procedures to prevent the spread of bloodborne and/or airborne disease(s)
Excellent oral and written communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office Demonstrates ability to assess the need for, plan, implement and evaluate high-quality, cost-effective educational programs for staff. Ability to operate equipment such as the steam sterilizer, low temperature sterilizers, ultrasonic washers, and washer decontaminators.
Exposure to hazards associated with bodily fluids and tissue Regular exposure to the risk of blood borne diseases Exposure to chemical agents used in cleaning Exposure to hazards of steam and heat, may be subject to burns Loud stressful environment due to equipment and high demands Subject to varying and unpredictable situations Subject to many interruptions Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is part of Advocate Health, which is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the United States, created from the combination of Atrium Health and Advocate Aurora Health. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist's two main components are an integrated clinical system - anchored by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem - that includes Brenner Children's Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 300 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,700 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, the academic core of Atrium Health Enterprise and a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
Wake Forest Baptist Health, Wake Forest University School of Medicine and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
About the Team
Mission, Vision and Culture Commitments
To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all.
To be the first and best choice for care.
We create a space where all Belong
We Work as One to make great things happen
We earn Trust in all we do
We Innovate to better the now and create the future
We drive for Excellence - always
Keywords: Atrium Health, High Point , (Sign-On Bonus) Sterile Processing Staff Education Specialist, High Point, Education / Teaching , High Point, North Carolina
here to apply!