Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: High Point
Posted on: January 15, 2022
United States of America
HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard ,
Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
Title Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering Development
Reporting to the Supervisor of Test Conformity, the Manufacturing
Engineer will review and check design data (Drawings and Bills of
Material) for rework of test product. Once vetted, the
Manufacturing Engineer will create and compile documents to be used
by engineering technicians and quality personnel to manufacture and
inspect product for test. The Manufacturing Engineer also serves as
a consultant and advisor to the technician, design and quality
teams by assisting in clarification of ambiguous data and
recommending methods and tools to effectively produce the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seasoned professional contributor.
- Manages small projects or processes.
- Has advanced knowledge of work area.
- Works independently and in collaboration with design
- Analyzes designs and develops component layouts.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Creates rebuild work orders for test articles from scope of
work changes from design/project engineers--- Designs and plans the
layout of assembly and materials handling operations. --- Reviews
test plans to create 3D models of complex test set-ups.
- Reviews test plans for strain gage requirements for
practicality of application.
- Coordinates and implements operations sequencing and
specification procedures to optimize efficiency and quality in the
fabrication of tools and equipment.
- Helps to support existing product line design activities
- Provides technical leadership and helps train lower level
- Diagnose and solve problems with test article rework.
- Advises manufacturing sites of build defects and and potential
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor's degree (typically
in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a
minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited
by local laws/regulations
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in
technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global
aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation,
safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point
A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more
comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior
products and services, we're helping airlines and original
equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their
customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than
12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the
globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready
to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a
multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best
results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are
committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with
each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace,
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, High Point , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!