Account Manager, Specialty Interiors (Fabric)
Company: Milliken & Company
Location: High Point
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is
a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company
that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance
people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of
disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and
performance materials, the company works around the world every day
to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and
help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way
for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has
accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents
worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international
leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service.
With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K.,
Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other
sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and
Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver
innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and
build for the future.
Job Summary: As an Account Manager, you will manage all aspects of
current sales and new account acquisitions in the territory. A
strong candidate should possess strong experience and knowledge of
the sales process and preferably strong knowledge of the Specialty
Interiors industry, with comprehensive knowledge of the Residential
industry - capable of specifying and selling through this segment.
One should have experience in seeking and developing annuity
business with end users, evidence of strategic relationships with
key decision makers in the territory, and the ability to see the
"big picture" by assessing, prioritizing, navigating and quickly
adapting to complex situations in key projects. Strong listening
and communication skills must be used to identify customer needs
and encourage customers to specify and purchase Milliken's
Specialty Interiors products. This candidate must also have a
willingness to work flexible hours in order to strengthen key
relationships and secure specifications on must win projects.
* Meet revenue targets and close on new sales opportunities that
align with business growth initiatives and development
* Develop, plan, and execute sales and marketing strategies within
assigned End User accounts.
* Develop and maintain a detailed sales strategy for each target
aimed at retention/penetration to gain targeted market share
* Interacts with customer at all levels (high, wide, and deep) to
assess the customer's business needs, align Milliken's needs with
the customer's, develop a plan to create mutual value, and execute
the tasks according to the plan
* Promote the Company brand in the marketplace
* Build networks, resources, and existing clients to create and
open new customer opportunities.
* Manage all aspects of day-to-day account management.
* Identify untapped or underdeveloped market/customer
* Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas.
* Highly involved in industry trade organizations (IIDA and
* Identify market trends and new ways to improve customer
satisfaction; strengthen market position and enhance revenue
* Reach out to leads through cold calls and appointments.
* Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to
ensure maximum satisfaction.
* Communicate Milliken's vision and direction-both internally and
externally to our clients and partners.
* Textile knowledge and an understanding of furniture and designer
* Upholstery knowledge
* Ability to communicate, build relationships (internal and
external), provide customer service and supply chain customers'
inquiries, prioritize, account forecast, and plan.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Supply management with required reports and feedback on customer
needs, problems, interest, competitive activities, and potential
needs for new products.
* Ability to complete and submit Pre-Call Reports, Call Reports,
Forecast Opportunities (SAP), become efficient using
* Appreciation for Specialty Interiors products and enthusiasm in
making recommendations to customers.
* Excellent problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to perform work without direct supervision
* Ability to work remote and in the Milliken Specialty Interiors
showroom in High Point, NC
* Ability to work after hours and be on-call after normal business
* Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office, Excel, Outlook,
* Travel is required
* B.S./B.A. and/or Design Degree required
* 4+ years direct sales experience
* Well-developed communication and execution management skills
* Must possess very strong personal presence and interpersonal
* Must be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of customers
- from technical to non-technical
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Milliken & Company, High Point , Account Manager, Specialty Interiors (Fabric), Executive , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!