Company: Housing Authority of the City of High Point
Location: High Point
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The purpose of the Property Manager position is to manage the
operations of HPHA developments owned by the High Point Housing
Authority ("HPHA" or "Agency"). While supervising a team of housing
and maintenance staff, the employee is responsible for ensuring
that residents have decent, safe, and sanitary housing. The
position also enforces housing policies, HUD regulations and
requirements of lease agreements.
- Supervises Administrative Assistant and Maintenance personnel
assigned to community.
- Shows and leases units; sets up charges to include but not
limited to security deposits.
- Monitors resident accounts to ensure accurate tenant rent and
- Terminates leases and vacates unites upon tenant move-out.
Assesses charges on move-out. Gives rental references as
- Monitors vacancy turn-around time to ensure HUD and Agency
- Schedules Housing inspections; performs grounds and dwelling
inspections; and conducts home visits, as needed.
- Conducts annual re-certification and interior interviews on all
residents. Processes interims for all residents.
- Conducts resident interviews for interim and re-examinations,
processes in timely manner.
- Attends various outreach activities.
- Contacts clients regarding housing offers within established
- Performs delinquent account action on behalf of the Agency,
including but not limited to: reviewing accounts, counseling
delinquent tenants, monitoring repayment agreements, and serving
notices to appear in eviction proceedings.
- Serves as dispatcher for emergency calls, on rotating
- Prepares and attends court proceedings and accompanies the
sheriff when padlocking housing units.
- Manages or escalates residents' complaints and concerns. When
necessary, conducts informal conferences, and attends grievance and
other hearings. Mediates disputes between tenants.
- Tracks incomes and expenses. Develops and monitors
- Procures necessary goods and resources. Reviews and approves
invoices for payment.
- Ensures excellent property upkeep and curb appeal. Monitors
maintenance work performance and work order process.
- Attends and participates in resident activities and
- Make referrals to local social service programs.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Confers with other community, service, and social agencies in
order to promote and support the Agency's interests.
- Answers incoming calls and communicates with residents, general
public and HPHA staff as needed.
- Recruits residents to assist in activities.
- Performs duties of Property Management Administrative Assistant
- Performs other duties as assignedEducation and/or
ExperienceBachelor's degree in business, administration or related
field; supplemented by at least three (3) years experience or
training involving public housing, human services, private market
property management, and tax credits. An equivalent combination of
education and experience may be considered.Certificates, Licenses,
RegistrationsPublic Housing Management Certification (if not earned
at time of hire, must obtain within first year of employment).
Possession of a valid, North Carolina driver's license and the
ability to be insurable under the Agency's automobile insurance
plan at the standard rate.Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- public housing: 3 years (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Housing Authority of the City of High Point, High Point , Property Manager, Executive , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!