Logistics and Inventory Manager
Company: Mickey Truck Bodies
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Mickey Truck Bodies is a premier manufacturer of
state-of-the-art bodies and trailers and specially engineered
vehicles sold in over 50 countries around the world. The innovative
product line-up is prevalent in industries such as food & beverage,
vending, propane, rental trucks, emergency & rescue, furniture,
battery, oil & natural gas, and data storage. The company operates
a total of 500,000 square feet of manufacturing and fleet services
space among 6 separate locations (High Point and Thomasville, NC;
Bloomington, IL; Ocala, FL; Freehold NJ; and Berwick, PA.) There
are 410 total Mickey employees at these locations. Since it was
founded in High Point, NC in 1904, Mickey has remained
privately-owned and operated by the Mickey family, now in its 4th
generation of ownership and leadership. Mickey Truck Bodies offers
employees a competitive compensation and benefit package
- Hiring Bonus $500
- Productivity and Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Employee cost
- Wellness Plan with Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance with AD&D Policy
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Supplemental Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal Shield Summary:The Logistics and Inventory Manager is key
to the organization for efficiency in maintaining accurate
inventory control for the North Carolina and Pennsylvania warehouse
operations. Additional areas of responsibility will include chassis
inbound, dispatch of finished products, product supply to internal
plants and yard management. Candidates should have prior management
experience and a complete understanding of inventory control. The
ideal Logistics and Inventory Manager candidate is highly
organized, proactive in problem solving, and executes with
precision. This position resides in High Point, NC and reports to
the Manufacturing Manager.Essential Responsibilities:
- Oversees team of inventory and warehouse employees including
all yard personnel including the asset management of forklifts and
any other equipment supporting responsible areas.
- Manages inventory tracking system to record inbound deliveries
and outbound finished product shipments. Serve as primary contact
for inventory discrepancies and inbound delivery escalations
- Executes daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inventory
reconciliation exercises and resolve discrepancies when
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments, and product levels to improve
inventory control procedures.
- Coordinate with warehouse teams to identify obsolete inventory
and establish/manage scrap process.
- Works closely with Finance, Production and Purchasing teams for
proper inventory levels and the efficient flow of information
supporting inbound deliveries from suppliers and consistent supply
to the production plant.
- Proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of
supply chain logistics.
- Find refinement/improvement opportunities and execute with
cross functional teams.
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Leadership and management
- Understanding of inventory reconciliation processes.
- Verbal and written communication
- Organizational and logistics skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Data analysis
- Team oriented
- Experience with ERP systems(Epicor Preferred)Education,
Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 5 Years of experience in warehouse management, logistics
operations and inventory reconciliation preferred
- Bachelor's or associate degree in business, logistics, supply
chain management or similar certification.
- Experience working with inventory management software.
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
Keywords: Mickey Truck Bodies, High Point , Logistics and Inventory Manager, Executive , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!