Senior Construction Estimator and Purchasing Manager
Company: Blue Ridge Companies
Location: High Point
Posted on: November 24, 2022
This position shall be responsible for managing and directing
the estimating and purchasing functions for Blue Ridge General
Contractors. This position will work as part of a fully integrated
The Senior Construction Estimator and Purchasing Manager will
report directly to the Director of Construction and work closely
with vendors, subcontractors, and other corporate team members to
ensure the efficiency of daily operations through accurate and
timely processing, detailed analysis and problem resolution.
- Determining the total quantity and cost of materials,
equipment, and labor for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling
project work. Value engineer plans as necessary to achieve budget
goals, ensuring that plans are complete, and details are
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals and sequencing tasks,
obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks
that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and
providing other services when required.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
- Track and report expenses to improve effectiveness.
- Craft negotiation strategies.
- Track and forecast price and market trends to identify changes
of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or architectural engineering,
construction management, or an equivalent degree.
- Extensive experience as an estimator in the construction field
with the majority of that time spent on multifamily and commercial
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards,
methods, materials, and building codes.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with
software such as ProContractor, Sage Estimating, BuilderMT or
- Proven working experience as Purchasing Manager.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- A knack for negotiation and networking.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
Keywords: Blue Ridge Companies, High Point , Senior Construction Estimator and Purchasing Manager, Executive , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!