Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1811245
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Durham, NC
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Duties: Performs complex development of Web-based services applications
using J2EE, JMS, Spring, and MyBatis frameworks. Designs and develops
backend applications. Analyzes and recommends changes in project
development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to
development experts and management.
• Participates in architecture design teams.
• Defines and implements application level architecture.
• Develops applications on complex projects, components, and
subsystems for the division.
• Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and
reviews and validates test plans.
• Responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
• Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects
across multiple platforms.
• Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for
• Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for
• Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various
• Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical
evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
• Advises senior management on technical strategy.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and five (5)
years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience
developing multi-tiered enterprise applications in Java/J2EE, SOA, and
JMS within the financial industry; Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree
(or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering,
Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a
closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job
offered or three (3) years of experience developing multi-tiered
enterprise applications in Java/J2EE, SOA, and JMS within the financial
industry. Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”)
developing a Java/J2EE based messaging platform for institutional domain
customers to deliver e-mail, Web, and real-time AMS streaming
notifications; DE developing messaging applications using Java, J2EE,
MQ, JMS, Tibco EMS, and caching technologies; and deploying messaging
applications into WebSphere and Tomcat application servers within a
Linux environment in order to enable message flows for retail and
workplace investment users; DE designing and developing trading platform
for cryptocurrencies using Java/J2EE technologies according to Agile
methodology; DE providing enterprise design and development solutions to
SOA Web service applications using Spring, MyBatis, and XML; and
deploying J2EE applications into WebSphere and Tomcat application
servers within a Linux and C2C environment in order to enable Web
services for enterprise applications and retail and institutional portal
To apply visit, https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1811245.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, High Point , Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1811245, Finance , Durham, NC, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!