Direct Support Professional Group Home - Mental Health
Company: Easterseals UCP
Location: High Point
Posted on: September 5, 2020
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:Direct Support Workers provide
support to persons residing in a variety of residential settings.
This staff participates in the daily routine of the home, and
provides support for habilitative and rehabilitative activities,
personal care, health care, and other activities as outlined in the
Plan of Care/ Person Centered Plan/ Individualized Support Plan,
with all services provided within the framework of person-centered
and informed choice philosophies.Essential Job Functions:
- Assists individuals with daily activities, personal care, home
care and maintenance, and transportation.
- Participates in implementation of person-centered plan under
guidance from QP.
- Provides direct interventions to build socialization, behavior
management skills, and daily/community living skills.
- Provides direct interventions to promote adaptive skill
learning, community inclusion, and development of leisure time
- Maintains documentation, progress notes, and other data as
needed, including incident and accident reports.
- Communicates with other staff and supervisor on progress,
needs, concerns and changes related to residents being
- Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting
significant changes in behavior and health.
- Provides high quality customer service, serving as a positive
representative for the agency with other professionals, families,
and the community at large.
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Prepares meals in accordance with individual dietary needs and
preferences, ensuring residents are included in meal preparation
per the care plan.
- Completes medication management activities including assisting
residents to take medication, educating residents about medication,
correct and timely documentation of medication administration and
any incidents related to medication.
- Demonstrates on a daily basis, a team player mentality, working
collaboratively with internal and external team members to ensure
residents supported receive most appropriate level of care and that
health and safety and rights are maintained to the highest degree
- Completes all documentation as required in a timely manner
- Attends regular group or individual supervision as required,
including staff meetings.
- Participates in ongoing Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of
PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time
- Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability,
Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
- Completes required training within prescribed time frames.
- Performs related duties as requested. Minimum Qualifications:•
High School diploma or equivalent appropriately accredited by the
appropriate state department of education.• A minimum of one year
of documented experience with the population to be served is
preferred.• Must have current auto insurance and valid,
unrestricted North Carolina driver’s license, good driving
record.Company DescriptionEasterseals UCP is a leading provider of
disability related-services in the communities in which we serve.
Our purpose is to provide meaningful and exceptional services so
that children and adults living with disabilities and mental health
challenges can live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Minorities are encouraged to apply.Children and adults with
disabilities, mental health challenges, and special needs find
highest-quality services designed to meet their individual needs
when they come to Easterseals UCP in North Carolina and Virginia.
Teams of therapists, teachers and other health professionals help
each person overcome obstacles to independence and reach his or her
Keywords: Easterseals UCP, High Point , Direct Support Professional Group Home - Mental Health, Healthcare , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!