Per diem Nurse, Days, High Point Medical Center
Company: Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
Location: High Point
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Per diem Nurse
High Point Medical Center
Shift: Per Diem- 12 hours per week or 24 hours in a 2-week pay
Schedule: 12 hour shifts; one weekend shift per 6 week schedule
track required as well as one summer and one winter holiday
Coordinates the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
of nursing care to provide optimal, quality patient care.
Prescribes, delegates, and coordinates nursing care based on
nursing diagnoses consistent with the patient's age, health/illness
status, and physiological/psychosocial needs.
- Associates Nursing Required
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
Certifications, Licensures and Registrations
- Registered Nurse with current North Carolina license, North
Carolina Board of Nursing- Required
- CPR certification (BLS Course C) American Heart Association
- * Clinical Specialty certification preferred.
2 years of Nursing experience Required
Job Specific Duties
- Patient Care: Gathers and assesses data on the patient.
Identifies/communicates physical needs/problems of the patient on
admission/throughout hospitalization. Identifies/communicates
psychosocial needs/problems of the patient on admission/throughout
hospitalization. Plans/individualizes age-appropriate plan of care
in collaboration with the patient/family/health care team. Sets
priorities in planning/organizing patient care based on nursing
assessments. Implements nursing care interventions based on the
patient/family needs and situational/procedural complexities.
Directs and implements teaching of the patient/family. Evaluates
the patient's response to nursing interventions.
- Patient Discharge & Referrals: Participates in
multidisciplinary discharge planning referrals to hospital and
community resources as needed.
- Documentation: Documents pertinent patient data (assessment,
interventions, evaluation) per policy. Updates patient care
profile/multidisciplinary plan/medical page to provide accurate
patient information and documentation.
- Safety & Emergency Response: Practices safety. Identifies
barriers to safety and plans and implements changes to resolve
safety barriers. Recognizes Code Blue emergencies and implements
Code Blue procedure.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, concise and accurate
manner pertinent patient data to all members of the health care
team. Keeps Charge Nurse, Unit Coordinator, Supervisor, Manager
and/or Director informed of pertinent patient care/nursing
personnel/nursing unit problems and needs and submits written
documentation. Collaborates effectively with healthcare team.
Identifies communication barriers and implements/facilitates plans
to resolve barrier to communication.
- Teamwork: Serves as a resource for nursing staff/nursing
instructors/ students in planning care assignments/educational
experiences. Guides/supervises other nursing personnel in
implementing nursing care based on patient needs, staff
competencies/ licensure, and situational/procedural complexities.
Seeks assistance of Charge Nurse, Unit Coordinator, Manager, and/or
Supervisor when needed in assessing complex patient situations,
interpreting physician orders, and consulting physicians.
- Charge Nurse: Functions as Charge Nurse as needed.
- Preceptor: Serves as a preceptor.
- Process/Performance Improvement: Demonstrates operational
knowledge of current procedures, performance improvement, and
treatment modalities. Participates in unit performance improvement
monitoring when selected or requested.
- Policy, Procedures & Standards: Identifies locations of
policies, procedures and standards and knows resources. Holds other
accountable for complying with policies, procedures and standards.
Serves as a resource for peers for questions regarding policies,
procedures and standards. Contributes towards making revisions to
policies, procedures and standards.
- Professional Development & Growth: Completes mandatory
educational requirements and CBLs without prompting. Attends a
minimum of 12 hours of continuing education programs. Identifies
needs for self-improvement and growth.
- Meetings & Committees: Attends/participates in a minimum of 75%
of unit staff meetings. Attends and participates in a minimum of
75% in nursing department committees when selected or
- Professionalism: Upholds a professional working relationship at
all times and adheres to department rules. Practices teamwork and
adheres to Standards of Behavior.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned by
Physical Requirements Include
Physical and Behavioral Requirements
- Lifting 40 pounds from floor to waist
- Holding 12 pounds and lifting 6 pounds from waist to crown
- Lifting or carrying 55 pounds horizontally for 2 feet
- Pushing 80 pounds
- Pulling 100 pounds
- Front carrying 25 pounds a distance of 150 feet
- Dynamic push of 40 pounds minimum force over a distance of 160
- Low work positioning at an occasional frequency
- Gripping 50 pounds with each hand
- Forward bending in standing for 5 minutes
- Rotation in standing
- Repetitive squatting
- Standing for 5 minutes
- Walking frequently
- Visual acuity required for accurately reading and documenting
patient charts and observing patients
- Sense of smell required for safety issues
- Sense of touch is required to evaluate patient's vital
- Ability to speak and hear is required to effectively
communicate with patients, family members, physicians, and
- Manual finger dexterity for writing, equipment operation
(maneuvering wheelchairs/beds), and positioning and moving
- Ability to effectively manage a high stress environment
resulting from patient volume
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button
on this page. You must complete the application process and then
submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located
at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You
will receive the following message once you hit the submit button:
"You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human
Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the
corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina
27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336)
716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the application process, please
contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to
administer all educational and employment activities without
discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran
status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification
or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state,
national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Keywords: Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, High Point , Per diem Nurse, Days, High Point Medical Center, Healthcare , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!