Homemaker (Cook & Housekeeper)
Location: High Point
Posted on: May 27, 2023
We are the place where you can make a difference with the work you do, build meaningful relationships, and become part of the family!
Pennybyrn has immediate opportunities for part-time Homemaker positions. Shift hours are 10:30 am - 7:00 pm, including every other weekend. (Weekend differentials are an additional $1.00 per hour)
The Homemaker performs the combined duties of Cook and Housekeeper for 20 Senior adult residents living in a household within a skilled nursing environment. As a cook, you will prepare delicious food and snacks from custom recipes with high quality standards. As a housekeeper, you will maintain cleanliness and neatness of the kitchen, living areas, resident bedrooms, and restrooms.
Why work with us?
For more than 75 years, Pennybyrn has been a leader in providing compassionate service and care to older adults. Our non-profit organization embraces a faith-based mission to "Demonstrate God's Love for the Lives we touch", and we are committed to honoring our core values of:
--- Faith in Action
--- Support an empowered, compassionate community
--- Nurture the human spirit and appreciate the individual
--- Excellence in Service
--- Continuous Education and Growth
Pennybyrn is a resident-centered retirement community with a team-driven culture that is truly engaging and unique! Located in High Point, NC, our community consists of Independent Living, Assisted Living, Healthcare Households, Transitional Rehab, Memory Support, and coming soon, Adult Day Care. Candidates who enjoy working with older adults and strive to inspire extraordinary living in others will love becoming a part of our team!
What sets us apart?
We strive to create and maintain an outstanding work environment that includes a rich benefit package:
* PTO (Paid Time off) eligibility for all employees
* Excellent low-cost and no-cost insurance
* Retirement Plan (401k) with Employer Matching
* Advancement of earned daily wages
* Employee Assistance and Education opportunities
* NC Apprenticeship Nursing program
* Free Fitness Center and Wellness programs
* Delicious, high quality, freshly made meals in a variety of venues
* Discounted services for Barber/Beauty shop and Massage Therapy
* Beautiful, mature campus with walking trails
* Faith-based and mission-driven since 1947, with a rich and vibrant Irish heritage
* A true, team spirit and belief in making a difference together
* Enthusiastic and sincere appreciation for every person every day!
Experience and Skills
1. Successful completion of ServeSafe course and certification, or ability to receive within 90 days of employment.
2. Must have the knowledge and ability to work with Senior residents.
3. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, and members of regulatory agencies effectively.
4. Ability to collaborate and manage conflict. Ability to work well with others.
Are you the right candidate? You have the following qualities:
Keywords: Pennybyrn, High Point , Homemaker (Cook & Housekeeper), Hospitality & Tourism , High Point, North Carolina
here to apply!