Instructor, Computer Integrated Machining - Adjunct
Company: Guilford Technical Community College
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are
responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum
learning environment, responding to student needs, managing
effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills,
demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work
relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college
administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their
instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality
instruction and for effective participation and interest in the
total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach
computer integrated machining courses designed for career technical
programs. The faculty member must be able to instruct a wide
variety of topics within the curriculum in a laboratory environment
and may be required to teach day, evening and/or weekend hours.
Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
- developing learner centered lesson plans
- employing teaching strategies & instructional materials for
different learning styles
- incorporating, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology
in classroom, distance learning and laboratory environments
- creating and modeling a quality learning environment that
supports a diverse student population
- preparing, distributing and utilizing instructional support
materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials,
instructional media and other devices as appropriate
- conducting appropriate assessment of student learning outcomes
in courses and programs/general education as appropriate
Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional
- participating in professional development activities to
maintain currency in field; maintaining current credentials or
licensures as required by program or accreditation
- participating in professional development opportunities to
advance teaching skills and strategies
Provide daily & ongoing oversight of facilities, equipment and
student records to include:
- maintaining classroom and laboratory spaces including upkeep of
- providing for the security of facilities, equipment and
instructional materials and maintaining safe working conditions
- maintaining student records (e.g., grades and attendance) in
accordance with established deadlines using a variety of
technology-based programs (e.g., Colleague, WebAdvisor, Moodle)
- complying with all applicable college, state and federal rules
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
- addressing student concerns in a timely manner
- promoting retention/persistence by assisting students to
develop strategies for success
- referring students to campus and community resources when
Demonstrate and model the Colleges employability skills:
adaptability, communication, information processing, problem
solving, responsibility and teamwork.
-Associates degree in machining or a related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
-National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certifications
for teaching assignment or the qualifications/experience to attain
them within one year of hire.
-Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution.
-3 years of relevant industry experience in computer integrated
machining, or related field.
-More than 3 years of relevant industry experience in computer
-Post-secondary teaching and/or industry training experience.
-Experience with set-up and operation of conversational
-Experience with multi-axis on both lathes and mills.
-Experience with set-up and operation of CNC equipment.
-Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
-Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to
the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its open
door policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and
professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The
Instructor must be able to:
2. Respect Diversity
3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments.
4. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
5. Communicate effectively
6. Ability to effectively implement and apply technology
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as
required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual
6. eLearning Level One (before the first day of the first semester
7. eLearning Levels Two and Three for instructors who teach online
or hybrid delivery methods (before the first day of the first
Department/Job Specific Requirements
1. May include teaching day and evening and/or weekend hours.
2. Physical Requirements
a) The person in this position will follow general industry safety
standards while performing instructional duties as set forth by
OSHA, NC Dept. of Labor, and/or Guilford Technical Community
b) The work environment will vary in classroom and lab
c) The person in this position must be able to remain in a
stationary position for extended periods of time.
Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
Keywords: Guilford Technical Community College, High Point , Instructor, Computer Integrated Machining - Adjunct, IT / Software / Systems , Jamestown, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!