Senior Project Superintendent
Company: Job Juncture
Location: High Point
Posted on: November 16, 2020
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities
will include creating a safe work environment, organizing site
logistics, establishing a work pace that achieves schedule
commitments, assuring construction quality, and monitoring and
tracking project progress and risks.
- Discuss quality expectations with trade foremen prior to
installation (pre-bid, post-bid and pre-installation
- Arrange pre-installation coordination meetings for all work
areas that involve overlapping work by multiple trade contractors
(e.g., exterior wall construction).
- Assure consistency with contractual specifications and
requirements for the project.
- Prioritize and review critical submittals for dimensional
control and constructability.
- Maintain rolling punchlist defining final quality expectations
and ensure completion.
Monitor Project Expenses
- Ensure efficient use of materials and equipment
- Review monthly pay applications from trade contractors against
- Assess field change conditions and recommend fair resolution
for client and trade contractors.
Ensure Subcontract Compliance
- Verify that every trade contractor (all tiers) has a current
insurance certificate on file before beginning work on the project
- Verify and authorize trade contractor timesheets for extra work
performed on a time and material basis. Authorize purchase
requisitions for materials, equipment, and labor as agreed with PM,
PX, or PC) prior to project startup or for emergency situations
required to keep the project and team members safe.
Track Project Progress and Events
- Complete thorough and accurate daily reports of progress and
concerns or challenges, including daily weather and safety
inspections, violations, and accidents.
- Continuously assess anti analyze project's actual status
against goals, develop contingency plans, and revise construction
strategy as required.
Prepare Construction Records for Client
- Collect and compile as-built documents from trade
- Arrange necessary client training for building operational
Establish Foundation for Lasting Relationships
- When conflicts and disputes arise during the course of the
projec:t, focus all parties on developing mutually acceptable
solutions aligned with the contractual agreements.
- Compile fair and honest report of the project team's experience
with each trade contractor using the trade contractor evaluation
- Practice being a "good neighbor" on and around your project
site and create lasting relationships with state and local code
Promote Professional development
- Establish an environment that supports questions and learning
In the context of the project goals and schedule.
- For all project team members, promote development of knowledge
base, leadership skills, and partnership by modeling effective
performance. encouraging discussion and debate over solutions and
approaches, connecting project team members with learning
opportunities and other team members who could serve as mentors,
and prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan
ahead for important project activities.
- Provide motivational and constructiveleedback to team members
regarding the impact of their efforts on theproject's success,
impressions being created with other team members. and
contributions to the quality of relationships being developed
within the team.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
Effective performance of the senior project superintendent role
requires timely, accurate, and consistent completion of the
following tasks. Senior project superintendents are expected to
proactively seek coaching and corrective feedback regarding
expectations and performance improvement needs in these basic
functions. The supervising project director, project executive, or
project manager should provide clarification of expectations and
corrective feedback for any improvement needs identified in the
senior project superintendent's work. Repeated or ongoing
performance improvement needs should be addressed with a specific
Support Project Planning
Review conceptual, schematic, and design development documents for
constructability, phasing options, temporary protection
requirements, site logistics, and other field construction
- Recommend or evaluate construction options and efficiencies
Prepare Trade Contractors
- Establish project site expectations for safety, quality,
unforeseen conditions, housekeeping, and general conduct.
- Introduce close-out and as-built expectations at beginning of
Create Positive Safety Climate
- Create project-specific safety program highlighting key or
unique hazards introduced by site conditions or work methods and
scheduled adjacencies. Develop and communicate leadership approach
for addressing hazards on the
- Define safety expectations by providing a safety orientation
for every individual who enters the Emphasize the importance of not
sacrificing safety for speed.
- Discuss relevant safety topics with trade contractor foremen on
a weekly basis or more frequently as conditions
- Emphasize the importance of properly selected, functioning and
guarded tools and equipment, and inspect on an ongoing
- Address early offenses to clarify expectations and reinforce
commitment to safety.
- Recognize and correct common work area hazards.
- Never "walk by" an unsafe act. Immediately stop work posing
imminent danger and identify corrective actions necessary to
- Discipline repeat or extreme violations, up to and including
permanently removing individuals from the project Promptly report
and investigate accidents and safety-related incidents, including
Organize Project Site
- Plan and coordinate site logistics, including traffic patterns,
equipment locations, and storage and staging.
- Establish site housekeeping expectations and responsibilities
and maintain commitment. Ensure that company is represented at the
project site every day work is being
Establish Schedule Momentum
- Partner with project manager, client, and trade contractors to
develop a work plan for the project
- Plan and coordinate timely initiation, momentum, and completion
of all trade contract work on the project site according to the
- Establish sequence, phasing, and pace of work requirements with
trade contractor foremen to accomplish schedule
- Coordinate project engineer's contributions to ensure on-time
readiness of equipment, materials, and labor.
- Coordinate project team's preparation for upcoming work through
progress meetings, look-ahead schedules, etc.
Assure Construction Quality
Oversee technical interpretation of construction documents and
drawings. Recommend construction methods and equipment as
Best suited candidates will possess the following
- Ten or more years of commercial construction experience as a
foreman or superintendent requiring professionalism and
- Progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a bachelor's
degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related
- Successful completion of classes or other training in
construction management, project management, safety,
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to develop familiarity
with the site requirements, tools, methods, and materials of the
full range of trade divisions.
- Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and
wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support
Keywords: Job Juncture, High Point , Senior Project Superintendent, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!