Location: high point
Posted on: May 3, 2021
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our
global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and
more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at
all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to
increase the quality of life and the business success of our
customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler
Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and
includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines
and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market
and the industrys technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose,
DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative
products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our
customers and society does not end once our products hit the road.
Thats because we believe that business success and social
responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our
customers experience, and support the environmental
responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the
reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The Controls Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the
design and implementation of completely new production lines and
technologies as well as modifications to existing lines for
continuous improvement and product improvements. Promote Lean
Principles and Process Controls through industry 4.0.
- Supervision of Controls Engineering Team, align project
activity and production support
- Mentor, Coach and set goals and provide regular feedback to
- Regular interface with operations leadership team, Maintenance
& ME group on project requirements and support
- Implement and support hardware and software for PLC, CNC & HMI
- Implement and support security protocols and devices for
manufacturing floor and equipment.
- Implement and support device level networks.
- Implement and support servo and variable frequency drive
hardware and software.
- Implement and support manufacturing monitoring systems with
emphasis on interfacing to higher level systems.
- Apply controls technology to new and existing processes to
provide optimal manufacturing solutions.
- Specify, manage and assist with control designs for new
manufacturing equipment procurement.
- Provide controls technical assistance and support to controls
team & manufacturing operations.
- Participate in design reviews with suppliers to develop and
implement the best overall equipment design.
- Participate in teams and cross-functional groups.
- Participate in defining capital budget for automation
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or
related from an accredited college/university OR 8 years of
relevant experience in lieu of degree required
- An attached resume is required
- 4 years experience proficient in manufacturing equipment
hardware and software design practices & standards (i.e. PLCs,
HMIs, servo systems, safety, etc.)
- 2 years of experience supervising or leading team.
- Proficient with PC hardware and commercially available software
(i.e. Windows, etc.)
- Knowledge of networks & database operation
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC's, drives, servos and
- SQL Programming Language
- Visual Basic Programming Language
- Robot Programming and Vision systems
Typical Minimum Experience Preferred (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC's, drives, servos and software
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US at time of
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment
drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a
posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at
503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call
503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Thank you for your interest in Daimler Trucks North America.
Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of
time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated
to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We
appreciate your patience during this time.
Keywords: Daimler, High Point , Controls Engineer, Other , high point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!