Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe our success depends on our ability
to provide the highest level of support and solutions for our
customers. As the Lead Planner, you will oversee and support the
Demand Planning staff with day-to-day activities. You will also
support the needs of our clients by analyzing usage trends to
forecast demand, assess impacts to the supply chain and determine
optimum inventory levels. Become a part of our dynamic team, and
we'll give you the support to excel at work and the resources to
build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop and implement XPO's policies, procedures and documents
regarding forecasting and management of client inventory to ensure
proper, efficient and accurate use of designated processes
- Serve as demand planning liaison to internal and external
customers, coordinating planning activities to ensure clear and
consistent communication throughout the supply chain network
- Analyze data, formulate conclusions and recommend appropriate
actions to meet/exceed performance standards and expectations for
forecasting, inventory levels, allocation, replenishment and
- Lead projects within the planning organization to improve
- Provide planning and technical support for cross-functional
teams and projects as subject matter expert for forecasting and
- Research, develop, implement, streamline and utilize
contemporary forecasting measures and key performance indicators to
deliver reliable results for our clients
- Identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation
- Manage and review forecast and orders with customers; plan
inventory needed to meet demand requirements
- Research, develop, and implement methods of reducing costs,
improving processes and optimizing planning outputs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations
Management or equivalent work or military experience
- 4 years of experience with complex planning activities
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations
Management or closely related field
- 7 years' experience with complex planning activities within a
- Experience as a team leader within a planning or supply chain
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Visio process mapping
- APICS Certification or willingness to earn certification
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Logistics, Demand Planner, Supply Chain, Supply,
Technical Support, Operations, Technology
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
XPO Pride, Veteran Opportunities, University - Entry-level,
Supply Chain, Operations