Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Summary: The Packaging Engineer is reponsibile for
strategically and technically driving our packaging design and
innovation initiatives to ensure their compatibility and function
within our product portfolio. The Packaging Engineer is responsible
for designing and managing our product packaging to ensure product
integrity and consumer appeal under varying shipping and display
conditions through testing, analysis, and material selection. Key
areas of focus will be on packaging innovation, durability,
sustainability and cost effectiveness.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Design, prototype and assess packaging concepts and
specifications for consumer products, including, structural
integrity, functionality, operational feasibility, cost and appeal
- Work cross functionally to identify innovative concepts and
packaging materials that will differentiate our packaging in an
- Participate in cross functional Core Teams to own packaging
initiatives through all phases of development, including all
technical drawings, tooling development, testing, prototypes and
final validation for each project.
- Define appropriate testing plans in conjunction with Company
and Customer standards to improve packaging effectiveness and
- Optimize and harmonize existing packaging die lines and specs
to look for improvements to our existing portfolio to drive value
and cost competitiveness.
- Creates all packaging die lines and final pack out modeling for
master cartons, pallet configurations to meet Customer requirements
optimize product presentation within their floor space.
- Serves as packaging subject matter expert within the Company
and lead the adoption of new technologies, capabilities and
materials with a focus on sustainability and innovation.
- Evaluate opportunities and execute projects to optimize vendor
packaging to drive cost competitiveness and efficiency.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following;
however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other
appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes
the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the
performance of fundamental job duties.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- High integrity, and facilitates open, honest communication
- Strong technical understanding of CPG packaging materials and
- Experience working in rigid packaging designs, closures and
commericialization, including CAD design, materials processing and
characterization, prototyping and testing.
- Creative, problem solver with desire to develop innovative and
functional packaging and troubleshoot issues and find solutions to
continuously improve product packaging.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate ideas and
risks within a cross functional team.
- Capable for working with CAD programs to create die lines,
final cube packouts and pallet configurations.
- Willingness to travel to suppliers and plants as needed to
fulfill project objectives
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of the Engineering organization
- Global Product Development
- Comfort Revolution
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable
of performing each essential duty and responsibility
satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate
office environment. Some stress may occur. Travel to plants and
vendors will be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and
key results outlined herein.
Keywords: Tempur-Pedic, High Point , Packaging Engineer, Other , Trinity, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!