[REVISED] - Early College High School Liaison
Company: Randolph Community College
Posted on: June 6, 2021
General Job Description
- POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED WITH A DEADLINE FOR PRIORITY
CONSIDERATION OF MAY 28, 2021
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Early College High School Liaison
reports directly to the Director of Educational Partnerships &
Initiatives. The Early College High School Liaison supports the
work of the RCC's Educational Partnerships & Initiatives, under the
supervision of the Director, and the Randolph Early College High
School (RECHS) Principal and facilitates collaboration between the
RECHS, students, parents of students, and the College.
- Serve as the liaison between the high school and the community
college to address questions and concerns among faculty, students,
- Communicate regularly with internal and external constituents
via e-mail, newsletters, school family meetings, Administrative
Council meetings, PTSO meetings, and Student Advisory Council
- Assist the RCC Admissions Office with processing Early College
High School students' applications and verifying eligibility for
enrollment into college courses in a timely manner.
- Participate in student recruitment and enrollment activities in
collaboration with RECHS staff and college personnel.
- Participate in school-related activities, working
collaborativelywith early college personnel, to build strong ties
between the school, parents, and community.
- Maintain current knowledge of state and national standards for
early college high schools and high school reform initiatives,
proposing any necessary waivers from the State Board of Community
Colleges and the State Board of Education.
- Liaison between high school and community college faculty to
facilitate the development of student opportunities and navigate
any potential conflicts.
- Participate in appropriate workshops, seminars, and conferences
for RCC and/or RECHS.
- Serve as academic advisor for all RECHS students, developing
4-year plans, adjusting as needed.
- Provide careerexploration, planning, development guidanceand
college advisement and registration to high school students.
- Teach RECHS-specific sections of ACA 122 - College Transfer
Success, and related RECHS seminar courses each semester.
- Monitor student progress in high school/college classes and
work with students, parents/guardians, and instructors to develop
plans for success, i.e., track attendance, academic progress, early
warning, or alerts.
- Provide data and reports to RECHS as related to academic
progress and student success.
- Support RECHS and college personnel in the development,
implementation and assessment of an academic program that promotes
the success of students at the RECHS, including development and
implementation of policies and procedures related to both entities,
including both academic and student code of conduct.
- Collaborate with high school personnel to develop high school
master schedules with consideration to college course
- Participate in both college and high school meetings and
committees as related to the role of Early College High School
- Participate in departmental meetings and professional
developmentactivities,as directed by theDirector of Educational
Partnerships & Initiatives.
- Provide appropriate liaison support to RECHS, assisting with
daily operations as deemed necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Educational
Partnerships & Initiatives or the RECHS principal.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in education, counseling, or a related field
from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years' experience in a public high school, in a community
college, or higher education setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good judgement
- Experience in a Cooperative & Innovative High School
- Experience with college-level academic advising
- Five years of experience in secondary or higher education.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
College Requirements of all Employees
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and
the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive
community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and
behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is
marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and
interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees
of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and
policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety
regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check
and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug
screening on all full-time new hires.
Keywords: Randolph Community College, High Point , [REVISED] - Early College High School Liaison, Other , Asheboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!