Safety Logistics Analyst
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Summary: We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate
to be part of the Transportation team at Tempur Sealy. Core
competencies are required in the following areas:
- Coordinate and ensure Driver Trainers are completing required
new hire and ongoing training programs.
- Maintain and continuously improve the company's Safety and
Compliance Training program.
- Conduct fleet process and procedure audits to ensure compliance
and increase training effectiveness.
- Understand and implement continuous safety improvements by
constantly reviewing and evaluating work processes, and making
recommendations to improve safety procedures.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Coordinate the retraining of in-service drivers after
- Assist in establishing documenting, implementing and tracking
effective driver training programs.
- Prepare and communicate driver training evaluation
- Assist in corrective action retraining procedures as
- Regulations, policies and processes.
- PeopleNet use.
- Defensive driving techniques.
- Inspections and Cargo Securement.
- Scanners and delivery requirements.
- Driver wellness, product handling and safe work practices.
- Continuously monitor safety programs and make suggestions for
- Assist with developing safety meeting topics and agendas.
- Attend safety-related industry sponsored seminars as
- Assist in the investigation and documentation of all serious
- Communicate training improvement suggestions to Fleet Safety
- Assist with rollout and ongoing support of Fleet Driver
- Assist in the development of measurement criteria/control and
incentives to improve the company's commitment to performance in
- Assist Fleet Safety Manager in training Transportation
Supervisors and Assistant Supervisors.
- Maintain audits to ensure policies and procedures are adhered
to by Transportation Supervisors.
- Advise and initiate steps for improvements that address these
- Follow up on all remediation and improvement suggestions.
- Work with Transportation Supervisors and Assistant Supervisors
to ensure that all work is performed safely.
- Provide continuous encouragement of safety principles and areas
- Assist with development of policies for document
- Driver onboarding and driver qualification files.
- Driver credential renewals.
- Corrective action records.
- Violation tracking reports.
- Training reports and records.
- Ensure compliance with all company and FMCSA regulations,
policies, and procedures.
- Driver safety training data analytics.
- Assist with Regulatory compliance audits.
- Accurate and timely reporting of training and audit
- Identify noncompliance of established company safety
- Identify and provide data Personal Injury trends and root
Other primary duties and responsibilities may be included.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other
appropriate duties to this job at any time. This job posting
excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental
to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Analytical skills, the ability to process vast amount of
information and come to sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Communications skills, written and verbal are key to
- Strong understanding of the current landscape of the
transportation industry, Fleet Operations and Fleet Management,
expert in Fleet Safety best practices.
- Experience in high paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks to juggle multiple
- Flexibility to react to daily exceptions that arise in daily
execution of plans in a positive manner.
- Ability to succeed in a matrixed organization and reach
consensus within both organizations.
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of the Transportation team and will work directly with
the entire Logistics department, including:
- Fleet Safety Manger
- Regional Fleet Managers
- Transportation Supervisors
- Transportation Program Managers
- Director of Transportation Fleet Operations
Other Internal Partners:
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
- Directors of Manufacturing
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent education/experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proficient Working knowledge of analytic tools to include
Microsoft Software Programs (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety
Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Experience supporting CDL-A drivers preferred.
- The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written skills.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable
of performing each essential duty and responsibility
satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Keywords: Tempur-Pedic, High Point , Safety Logistics Analyst, Other , Trinity, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!