Job ID: 289979
Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Thompson-Arthur Paving and
Construction, a CRH company, is a leading provider of high-quality
asphalt paving services. In addition to paving services, we provide
stone base construction, bridge construction, curb and gutter
construction, site utilities, complete site development and sand
products. We have been proudly serving the Triad area for over half
a century. By being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud
reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional
companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to
form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the
largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix
producer in North America. We are also the number four cement
producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with
a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small
company environment while having the career opportunities of a
Sand Plant Foreperson - Candor, NC
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful?
Look no further, Thompson-Arthur Paving & Construction has the
perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Sand Plant Foreperson -Candor , NC
Oversee and direct operations of a CRH Americas Materials
facility including personnel, equipment, and materials.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Oversee and direct operations at our Candor Sand Plant
- Ensure that all operations are in full compliance with federal
and state regulations, including OSHA, MSHA, etc.
- Supervise and direct all facility personnel, ensure proper
placement of resources.
- Ensure compliance with company Safety Practices &
- Enforce company policies, procedures and work rules
- Enforce company safety rules and conduct safety meetings,
including tool box talks; ensure facilities are operating in a safe
- Identify and resolve regulatory, safety, personnel, and
production problems, in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain proper job records such as schedules, etc.
- Maintain strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to work weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
with other duties as required.
- Assist with various training initiatives as necessary.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
company policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Willingness to develop subordinates technical and leadership
skills. Effective management of employee performance through
coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely
- Ability to get work done through others using effective
delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent from a four-year college or
technical school; or two or more years' related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance
vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts in outside weather conditions,
and is regularly exposed to wet, humid conditions, airborne
particles, and extreme heat or cold .
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction is an Affirmative Action
and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
this link .