Job Description: Lineal Line Operator
Skill Level: Level 3,4,5
Department: Z Series
Supervisor: Stephen Casper
The primary purpose of this position is to systematically
assemble a lineal sill while maintaining acceptable production,
meeting quality standards and being safe while doing so.
Job Duties: Level 3
- Participate and contribute to the safety program.
- Maintain effective communication between crewmembers, cell lead
- Able to keep the line moving with minimal stops and capable of
producing 200+ sills per 8-hour shift.
- Work effectively with maintenance and cell leader to resolve
equipment problems promptly.
- Maintain a clean and clutter free work area. Acknowledges 5S
- Perform repairs on sills as necessary.
- Must have a working knowledge of all components (aluminum,
substrate, cap and nose).
- Execute good safety awareness and be active with safety
- Must be able to consistently and ergonomically handle parts up
to 168 in length and weighing up to 30lbs.
- Understanding of all positions in the lineal work area. Staple
operator, packer and floater.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Be capable of consistently performing all level 3
- Must have excellent product knowledge of all classic Z
- Fully capable of operating the Z Classic short and long auto as
- Capable of reading specification sheets and building mull
- Efficient in managing a build list and coordinating orders with
the other members of the team.
- Efficient and capable of all lineal positions. Staple operator,
packer, and floater.
- Involved and engaged in SIT meetings.
- Full understanding of quality requirements and minimal
- Responsible and efficient at maintaining lineal cap
- Consistently perform all the responsibilities of a level 4
- Fully capable of all lineal positions and related task.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must maintain complete ownership of safety in the lineal
- Capable of efficiently and safely performing chop saw duties as
- Qualified trainer for new or non-experienced employees.
- Lead by example with actions and words.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Entry level position. Does not require previous
knowledge, will receive training to achieve desired level.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE: Approximately 6 months of work
experience is required to become skilled in all phases of the job.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing due to
accountability of production reporting.
INITIATIVE & INGENUITY: Work priorities are determined by build
schedule, leads or supervisor instructions. The crew member is
responsible for quality checking the raw materials and
sub-assemblies frequently. Capable of working with other
crewmembers while following verbal and written instructions.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS: Errors may be serious involving
inventory and will become apparent in normal production runs.
CONTACT WITH OTHER: Regular contact with crewmembers, other
employees, lead people and staff members where improper handling
may affect results. Clear, concise communications skills are
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Flow of work and character of duties involve
some repetitive use of hands, wrists and arms motions while
standing a minimum of 8 hrs per day (39 hrs. per week) with
mandatory overtime during peak season. Rotating within the lines is
required due to ergonomics. Normal and corrected hearing and vision
are necessary with manual coordination some walking with frequent
bending, twisting, stooping and lifting to approximately 35 lbs.
with lengths up to 168inches. Must have good hand eye coordination
and be mechanically adaptable to using some hand tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENT: To advance this position will be
required to become capable of limited troubleshooting all equipment
on the line. Damage to this equipment would result in a loss for
WORKING CONDITIONS/HAZARDS: Exposed to normal factory
environment (wood dust and aluminum) with no factors or hazards
present to a disagreeable extent. Must be able to with stand heat
up to 95 degrees.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Must adhere to all safety rules and
regulations as specified in the Enduras Safety Manuel. This
responsibility necessitates wearing of proper personal protective
equipment (i.e. safety glasses & ear plugs) by each crewmember on
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: This job includes other duties and
responsibilities assigned by management. Regular attendance is
essential to any position with Endura.