Assistant, Administrative, Executive, Senior Vice President of Instruction
Company: Guilford Technical Community College
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The executive administrative assistant provides administrative
support of a highly complex and confidential nature to the Senior
Vice President of Instruction. This person works under limited
supervision and must exercise initiative and independent judgment
in setting priorities and carrying out all assignments. This
individual must be able to work effectively with individuals at all
levels within the college and also serve as liaison with a wide
variety of groups outside the college: students, parents, business
and community leaders, board members, elected officials, college
presidents and system leadership. These contacts require tact,
discretion, diplomacy, and maturity. Excellent public relations
skills are a must and projection of a positive image for GTCC is
required at all times. A sense of cooperation, cohesiveness, and
teamwork needs to be fostered to allow the office of the Senior
Vice President of Instruction to run effectively on a day-to-day
- Serve as the primary support personnel to the executive.
- Coordinate the executives schedule including internal and
external obligations, including coordination and prioritization of
the executives daily appointments and business obligations.
- Arrange meetings and conferences: help prepare agendas, record
minutes, handle communications, travel arrangements, and the
processing of related functions and documents.
- Call processing: The person in this position should be able to
successfully resolve incoming inquiries or refer incoming calls to
the respective employee or department while ensuring that
appropriate calls are referred to the Senior Vice President of
- Monitor deadlines, status of documentation, scheduled
activities, or other issues requiring timely action/response and
ensures follow through. Tracks progress of projects and utilizes
effective workflow systems to increase efficiency and
- Research and source information to assist the Senior Vice
President of Instruction with specific projects.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President of
Instruction relative to internal and external committee
appointments. Duties include scheduling meetings, preparing
agendas, documenting minutes, and preparing exhibits
- Coordinate college meetings, receptions, and events in support
of Office of Instruction initiatives
- Assist in the hiring processes for the Instructional Division
by coordinating interview meetings/documents.
- Prepare new hire and separation documents, as well as prepare
payroll and manage leave requests for Instructional staff.
- Conserve executives time by reading, researching, and routing
correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and
analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Support, and be a resource for, regional accreditation
processes and correspondence.
- Provide exemplary customer service in person, over the phone
and via email. Treat customers with courtesy and respect, showing
concern for their needs, and investigate and resolve concerns
- Help interpret, and be a resource for, policy for students,
parents, and faculty/staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Maintain budget records: recommend expenditure requests,
monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget,
recommend and process budget transfers. Assist in developing draft
budget proposals as necessary.
- Perform purchasing functions: research availability and
pricing, assist in developing bid proposals, complete
requisitions/contracts and process invoices for approval.
- Design, prepare, and proof read reports and/or presentation
materials for the Senior Vice President of Instruction.
- Help coordinate planning unit activities and timely completion
of planning process/documents.
- Ensure all documents that require a signature are promptly
signed and returned to appropriate recipients.
- Provide training and mentoring to administrative assistants as
- Demonstrate and model the colleges employability skills:
adaptability, communication, information processing, problem
solving, responsibility and teamwork.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve on college committees and focus groups
- Develop forms for college wide use
- Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor
Difficult Challenges Contacts Education Required
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Management
or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Office Management
or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- Five years of recent progressively responsible experience
providing administrative support to a manager or executive,
including evidence of experience in the following areas:
- Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and
equipment to include, basic accounting practices to track budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and have experience
using word processing, developing spreadsheets, developing
presentations, and using database software applications
- More than 5 years of recent progressively responsible
experience providing administrative support to a manager or
- Experience in an academic setting
- Recent experience with an enterprise student information system
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of database programs (e.g.,
- Ability to create, correct and format documents and
communications. Work experience with word processing, database
software, spreadsheets, presentation and communications software.
Willingness to be continually updated in these skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative in upgrading skills with professional
- Ability to handle paperwork and confidential information with
discretion and sensitivity.
- Exceptional organizational skills and deadline management with
the ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure.
- Strong verbal skills and personable manner in dealing with the
public in person and on the phone.
- Ability to compose correspondence with correct punctuation and
- Strong proof reading skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written
- Punctuality and flexibility in time management.
- Neat, professional appearance and attire.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to organize and maintain files for ready access.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules as needed. Will be
in constant contact with public at all times.
KSA Preferred Department/Job Specific Requirements
- Managing and maintaining an executives complex schedule
- Provide leadership to all area administrative assistants to
ensure consistency in service.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, climb, lift
and carry objects weighing up to 30 lbs., pulling/pushing,
stooping, and walking.
Posting Type Staff
Special Instructions to Applicants
Keywords: Guilford Technical Community College, High Point , Assistant, Administrative, Executive, Senior Vice President of Instruction, Other , Jamestown, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!