Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in
the world by Fortune and one of America's best employers by Forbes.
At XPO, your strong work ethic and attention to the small details
are critical to our success. As the Industrial Engineer, you will
travel frequently to sites throughout the US and be responsible for
facility layout and design, manpower planning, project scheduling
and management, and support for new business development and sales.
Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build
a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels,
product dimensional profiles and product flow and transportation
- Specify material handling and storage equipment solutions
- Recognize and specify use of automation where justified
- Identify office equipment and facility up-fit requirements
- Create equipment and operating supply lists, and provide
- Develop IT equipment (hardware and cabling) requirements based
on activity levels and work content
- Establish tasks and processes required to complete proposed
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or
equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience in supply chain management, logistics,
warehousing or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO9001 production environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- APICS certification
- Third-Party Logistics (3PL) experience
- Availability to travel 75% of the time or more if needed
- Extensive experience in quality, engineering, lean
manufacturing and work cell manufacturing; ability to identify best
practices in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with analytical tools such as flowcharts, Pareto
charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Project and resource management experience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer,
Engineer, Outside Sales, Business Development, Engineering,
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
XPO Pride, Veteran Opportunities, University - Entry-level,
Supply Chain, DiversityandInclusion