Process Engineer (Chemical)
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Cambrex, it's our people that set us apart. We work locally
and have an impact globally. We're committed to attracting,
nurturing and retaining a passionate and talented team of experts
in our fast paced and growing company. You will be valued and
recognized. We offer an exceptional benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first
year, sick time, and retirement savings! Cambrex is the small
molecule company that provides drug substance, drug product and
analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. Known for our
scientific and manufacturing excellence and customer focus, we
offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of
locations. As a team, we share one goal - to improve the quality of
life for our customers' patients across the world.
Position is directed toward optimization of existing chemical
routes and development of novel alternate chemistries/processes
toward key synthetic intermediates and APIs. Provides CHP site
engineering support, including the design, construction, and
maintenance of equipment that replicates laboratory chemical
process on pilot and commercial scales. Experimental skills related
to chemical process development and kilo - scale synthesis of
organic compounds of medicinal importance, including chemical
synthesis and product isolation/purification. Utilizes analytical
tools to assess product quality and process performance. Serve as
an expert chemical engineering and pharmaceutical science resource
to the chemical development group, the Cambrex High Point site, and
to the larger Cambrex organization. Communication with clients in
regular team meetings; prepares R&D and campaign reports at the
conclusion of projects.
- Design and carry out multistep organic processes.
- Application of key principles of chemical engineering to work
within a matrix-based chemical development team to construct
systems and design chemical processes that will efficiently support
on-scale safe production of promising pharmaceutical
- Knowledge and experience in technologies such as continuous
processing and flow chemistry is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with cGMP manufacturing processes is
- Knowledge of and experience with in-situ reaction monitoring
technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of final form screening/polymorph
screening/crystallization studies is preferred.
- Knowledge of process controls and associated programming is
- Possess a working knowledge of analytical and spectroscopic
techniques, including the ability to interpret the corresponding
- Demonstrate a proficiency in laboratory and pilot-scale
synthesis and purification techniques, including the implementation
of process modifications.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain lab equipment including
pumps and instrumentation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete projects
- Ability to organize work efficiently and manage time
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and contribute to
drafting of batch records and protocols.
- Collaboration with process development chemists and analytical
chemists to coordinate project activities as well as to develop
safer and more robust processes for laboratory and plant
- Maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques for
improving engineering principles related to organic chemistry,
analytical chemistry, process development techniques and cGMP
regulations. Knowledge of root cause/batch failure analysis.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain
familiarity with the company's chemical hygiene plan. Exhibit
safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal.
Maintain compliance with all regulation at the federal, state and
- Address routine administrative requirements in a timely
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Actively promote the results of ongoing projects within the
group and to external clients.
- Work closely with manufacturing and GMP operations to
coordinate project related equipment and activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe lab work area.
- Strong skills and knowledge in organic chemistry, especially as
applicable to process chemistry and chemical engineering
principles. Excellent verbal and written
communication/interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills,
organizational skills, and the ability to work in a diverse team
environment are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft software
(Word / EXCEL / PowerPoint) is expected. Experience with
engineering software and process modeling.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- S. in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- S. in Chemical Engineering with 2-5 years hands-on experience
in the pharmaceutical or comparable chemical industry.
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Cambrex, High Point , Process Engineer (Chemical), Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!