Roving Seasonal Teller
Company: First Bank
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The position of Roving Teller is responsible for the same duties as
a normal Teller with the only major difference being roving from
branch to branch within a region - performing routine and
intermediate branch and customer services duties: accepts retail
and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan
payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; assists with night
depository and vault duties; promotes business for the Bank by
maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to
appropriate staff for new services. Travel to various branches
to fill-in as needed is required of this position. This Roving
Seasonal Teller will support the Piedmont Triad branches.
Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by
determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper
form, and issuing receipts.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances;
confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in
proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when
questionable items are presented for cashing or depositing.
- Assists with night depository duties; logging bags, processing
deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in
balancing vault currency and coin.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process
account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within
- Issues official checks, travelers checks and gift cards.
- Cross-sells the Banks other products and services, referring
customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Accepts loan, credit card and installment payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being bought from
and sold to the vault.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving
problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information and sorts mail or reports
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank
- Processes teller work through branch capture and assists with
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency
transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Processes address changes, check orders, travelers checks,
incoming and outgoing collections, change orders and deposit slip
- Types routine letters, reports and forms.
- Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and
- Takes steps to ensure security of Branch personnel & Bank
- Fully understands opening/closing procedures, as well as all
other security procedures.
- May prepare and verify order of shipment of currency.
- Driving from location to location within a given region must
possess a valid drivers license.
- Completes annual compliance courses.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.
Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws; including,
the Bank Secrecy Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Adheres to all levels of our Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience: These specifications are general
guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered
essential to the satisfactory performance of this position.
Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions,
formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be
business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank operations, products and
services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other
Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills ability to
work with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet
and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct personnel.
Keywords: First Bank, High Point , Roving Seasonal Teller, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!