SOX Audit Analyst
Company: Hooker Furniture Corporation
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Hooker Furnishings (NASDAQ: HOFT), is currently recruiting for a
SOX Audit Analyst to work in either the Martinsville, VA or High
Point, NC office. Hooker Furnishings, in its 97th year of business,
is a designer, marketer and importer of case goods (wooden and
metal furniture), leather furniture and fabric-upholstered
furniture for the residential, hospitality and contract markets.
The Company also domestically manufactures premium residential
custom leather and custom fabric-upholstered furniture.
Our corporate office is located in Martinsville, VA. We are also
flexible to have this position based out of our High Point, NC
office. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
along with a modern and dynamic working environment. We actively
seek out ways to improve our business and our employees' jobs with
emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward
thinking, team building and creative problem solving. Hooker
Furnishings thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a
passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional
value. The SOX Audit Analyst will be an integral part of the
Corporate Accounting Department.
As Hooker Furnishings continues to grow and evolve as a leading
home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and develop our
workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make
in this role can result in opportunities for advancement throughout
the company. At Hooker Furnishings, you will be valued and viewed
as a key contributor to the overall success of our
The SOX Analyst reports directly to the Assistant Corporate
Controller. This position will be responsible for testing and
documenting the Home Meridian division's SOX internal controls.
This position will also take the lead role for the year end audit
process for the Home Meridian division of Hooker Furnishings.
- Test and update control documentation including flow charts,
narratives, and risk and control matrices.
- Act as the local liaison between the external auditors and the
company during audit planning, fieldwork, and follow-up.
- Coordinate, organize, and assist in the preparation of all
PBC's and sample test work.
- Assist corporate accounting with transactional accounting
functions (ie. Monthly recons, entries, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of transactional accounting including AP, AR,
- Demonstrated experience with and current working knowledge of
- 3+ years of public company audit experience.
- Self starter with the ability to manage an audit with an
outside audit firm.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management
- Intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft
- SAP/Microsoft AX experience a plus.
Key Reasons to Join Hooker Furniture:
- Competitive compensation and bonus plans.
- Successful and stable organization for over 95 years.
- Multinational, global organization with 14 locations in the US
with offices in Vietnam and China.
- A caring, family focused culture.
- Strong corporate initiatives to continue to grow the
- A culture that encourages forward thinking, team building and
creative problem solving.
- Career development focus including training opportunities and
leadership development programs.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Emphasis on charitable giving and volunteering in our
- A company committed to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion)
- Focus on ESG (Environmental, Social, and Corporate
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans including a
generous employer health saving account (HSA) contribution each
- Matching 401k employer contributions.
Keywords: Hooker Furniture Corporation, High Point , SOX Audit Analyst, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!