Business Manager of Technology Transfer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Patheon by Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for people who
are passionate about making a difference in people's lives. We need
new leaders to nurture talent, build effective teams, and drive
engagement in an environment where people are motivated to do their
best for the company, its clients, and their patients. To inspire
collaboration and innovation, and help us make the world Healthier,
Cleaner and Safer.
Thermo Fisher brings decades of experience in capabilities
spanning from development through commercialization. Our dedicated
encapsulation facilities in High Point, NC, and Tilburg,
Netherlands, have the capacity to produce 12 billion Softgels
annually. Our scientists are skilled in developing Softgel
formulations in early development to overcome bioavailability
challenges and speeding new molecules to clinic. We also develop
Softgel formulations for late-stage lifecycle management, helping
our clients retain market share and maximize product lifetime
Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research,
solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
The Business Manager of Technology Transfer is responsible for
managing multiple high complexity life cycle management and
commercial extension projects independently and in line with
company best practices and governance. The Business Manager, TT is
the primary point of contact for external clients and internal
stake holders on LCM projects.
This individual will develop and manage the business
relationship with commercial clients by understanding the client's
organization and business needs, promote Patheon and site
capabilities, and maximize client service and satisfaction in the
overall best interest of Patheon.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technology Transfer Management
- Manage a combination of 5-7 medium to large projects with
minimal monitoring and in collaboration with others in the Business
- Lead project meetings, client conferences, and manage customer
site visits. Facilitate effective internal communication of new
project requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans and ensure distribution of same
to appropriate internal departments and personnel, and to external
customers as required.
- Promptly publish meeting minutes, key decisions, and discussion
points and work with all internal functional areas to facilitate
the completion of projects tasks.
- Measure performance using industry tools and techniques and
ensure team members are focused on the project tasks without losing
site of the overall goal and implementation strategy.
- Liaise with key customers (internal and external) on project
issues to ensure timely communication. Coordinate the gathering and
dissemination of information and establish joint technical review
Business Management and Client Experience
- The Business Manager, TT is technically proficient with respect
to client and business requirements and Patheon capabilities and
proactively identifies new business opportunities by building a
strong relationship with accounts.
- Acts as the internal client advocate and leader of the business
at the site, balancing and driving both the client's and Patheon's
requirements and priorities.
- Communicating with clients and internal customers on
challenging issues in a positive manner. Facilitate decision-making
and conflict resolution within the project teams and local
functional management. Capable of remaining calm when managing
challenging issues and maintaining an optimistic outlook.
- Ability to identify market opportunities for new and existing
clients and/or products.
- Facilitates regular and ad hoc interactions and Business Review
meetings with assigned accounts.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, verbal and
written; demonstration of active listening skills.
- Verifies congruency vs contractual commitments in forecasts and
ensures client's forecasts are accurately represented in the
- Seeks to understand changes, risks and opportunities to demand
forecasts by exploring the marketplace and gathering business
intelligence to create Demand and Business Plans.
- Participates in projects including representing Business
Management as a member of process improvement and capital project
Quotations, Changes of Scope, and Finance
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and
project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to
keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of
authorized project changes as defined in the change management
- Promptly invoice project milestones and commercial client
service fees upon their completion using the appropriate ERP
- Maintain and track monthly revenue forecasting from project
activities and supplementary services.
- Use quotation tools and software to build extended service
proposals for stability, regulatory, and ad hoc technical services,
- Completes commercial assessments and generates quotations for
technical changes for existing commercial customers' products and
ensures adherence to the Manufacturing Supply and Product
Agreements or otherwise makes updates as necessary.
- Understands and implements the key milestones identified in the
client contracts including pricing, payment terms, term of
contract, yield reconciliation, etc.
- Requests and implements pricing updates including annual
pricing reviews, technical changes, etc. in compliance with MSA
- Works with Finance to escalate collection of overdue invoices,
resolves root issues, and in general understands client's financial
- University degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math,
Business, Finance or similar
- Typically, 1-3-years of previous related experience in project
management, account management, sales or marketing with external
- Pharmaceutical or Contract Manufacturing industry experienced
- PMP Certification an advantage
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., High Point , Business Manager of Technology Transfer, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!