Assistant Professor of Psychology (Non-Tenure track)
Company: American Psychological Association
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 13, 2021
HIGH POINT UNIVERSITY
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Psychology (Non-Tenure
Position Reports To: Chair of Department of Psychology
Date of Last Revision: 05/18/2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Department of Psychology at High Point
University invites applications for a full-time faculty position at
the undergraduate level in clinical psychology.
This is a non-tenure track, Assistant Professor position. The
starting date is August 2022.
- PhD in Psychology or Psy.D is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability: Demonstrate a commitment to
excellence in teaching and student mentorship.
Ability to mentor students in a clinical track is preferred.
- Teaching three courses at the undergraduate level per
- Candidates should be actively engaged in scholarship, with
expectations to maintain a program of research and publish in
- Teaching responsibilities include Abnormal Psychology,
Psychological Counseling, Child Psychopathology, Personality and
Psychopathology, courses in the applicant's specialty area, and
courses supporting departmental needs (e.g. Introduction to
Psychology and Research Methods).
- Service to both the department and the University.
- Reports to the Chair of the Department of Psychology.
Please attach all of the following required application
materials in the Faculty Application Documents Upload section of
the online application. To apply you may click:
Assistant Professor of Psychology, Non-tenure track
- Cover letter describing which position is sought.
- Current curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, and evidence
of teaching excellence
- A list of courses applicant is qualified to teach
- Graduate transcripts
- Reprints or pre-prints
- Contact information for three professional references
- A statement of research interests, including a description of
the applicant's research program (optional)
Applications for this position will be accepted through
September 1, 2021.
In addition, applicants should arrange for three confidential
letters of recommendation to be sent to Dean Ken Elston at
Keywords: American Psychological Association, High Point , Assistant Professor of Psychology (Non-Tenure track), Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!