Company: Akzo Nobel N.V.
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 13, 2021
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud
craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color
and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands -
including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted
by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we
are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented
people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance
products and services our customers expect.
Executes assigned production tasks in accordance with
procedures, to ensure right levels of HSE, Quality, Service and
Cost to serve our customers.
- Takes ownership of production assets and ensures they are
operated safely and within established procedures, guidelines and
industry good practice
- Performs daily production, preventative maintenance, process
data collection and administration tasks as described by procedures
and/or control systems.
- Reports safety, quality or other issues related to products or
production processes to Team Leader / Shift Supervisor.
- Ensures all (shift team) production targets are met while
ensuring the appropriate quality standards are maintained.
- Issues Corrective Action Reports (CAR), respectively Hazard
report when any relevant issue is noticed, regardless location or
- Provides progress updates to the Team Leader / Shift
- Attends and contributes to meetings.
- Contributes in the investigation of HSE or quality issues for:
customer complaints, reject batches, quality related issues
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities & programs
for HSE, Quality, ALPS or other as may be assigned. Contributes to
color adjustment activities , where applicable, in line with agreed
procedures and control systems.
- Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as
well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regards to
personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs
- Clean portable tanks, valves, filters, pumps, and other
equipment using cleaning chemicals, pressure washers, brushers,
scrapers, and other cleaning tools
- Operate the automated tank washer machine
- Clean portable tanks with the pressure washer
- Effectively manage the byproducts of the activity, including
recycled solvent & waste
- Safely operate the appropriate forklift necessary to
relocate/maneuver the equipment and vessels associated with the
- Fill off approved batches ranging from 1 gallon to 5000 gallons
into the proper shipping containers of at least 1 product line
- Transfer completed products into containers of various sizes
and types (1 qt cans to tankers).
- Identify and apply the correct information on the containers
and or proper documents while following all fill off and safety
- Measure the amount of product into the correct container for
proper yield, by weighing and/or measuring the weight of the
material in the containers with the tools provided
- Once containers are filled and all openings are closed and
tightened, check for leaks around the ring, bungs, and chimes
- Properly complete the batch ticket as instructed, label all
containers, and number them in the sequence they were filled
- Once the batch ticket has been approved and signed by the
supervisor, send the containers to the shipping department along
with the batch ticket
- Properly dispose of filters; wash out the pump; wash the tanks,
filter housing, and hoses with the appropriate cleansing
- Properly label and stage all cleaning material in proper
- Properly label and stencil all containers to satisfy customer
and shipment requirements
- Perform area housekeeping duties per expectations
- Other duties as needed to complete production process
- Completion of high school or general education development
equivalency is mandatory for entry into this career path.
- Two (2) years of experience in heavy manual labor and the use
of hand and light power tools.
- For entry into this specialty, normal color vision is
- Individual must possess or obtain a valid North Carolina
Driver's license or possess a valid Driver's license recognized by
any other state.
- Exceptions to policy must be approved in writing by the High
Point site Operations Manager or Site Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential qualification satisfactorily.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, practices & equipment used in
the wood coatings field
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow safety instructions and
- Ability to calculate basic mathematic formulas (addition,
subtraction multiplication, division)
- Ability to read and apply accurate labels
- Ability to measure and weigh accurately
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5-gallon pails up
to 75 lbs., or maneuver drums up to 600 lbs.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with
exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Arm-Hand steadiness- Keeping your arm or hand steady
- Near vision- ability to read labels and see details up
Level of Autonomy
The decision making for this position is limited to stoppage of
work if a HSE, Quality or Code of Conduct conflict is recognition
Sign On Bonus
You are eligible for a Sign-On Bonus in the amount of $1000.00.
This will be paid in two installments. You will receive the first
installment payment of $500 after 90 days of service with AkzoNobel
and a second installment payment of $500 after 180 days of service.
These payments will be subject to all applicable state and federal
taxes. If you resign, or otherwise voluntarily leave the company
within the first 180 days of employment, you will be required to
remit payment back to AkzoNobel in the amount of $500. If you
resign, or otherwise voluntarily leave the company within your
first year of employment, you will be required remit payment back
to AkzoNobel in the amount of $500.
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with
applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant
or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but
not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information (including testing and characteristics), veteran
status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status
protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 10393
Keywords: Akzo Nobel N.V., High Point , Operator 1, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!