Company: Therapeutic Alternatives
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Working with persons with Mental Illness in a Fountain
House/Clubhouse setting. Implement individual Person Centered Plan
involving skills that promote independence while instructing,
modeling, assisting the consumer in daily living skills,
socialization, leisure and /or recreational activities, educational
and vocational skills.
- To receive, read, and be familiar with the Employee Handbook
regards personnel Policies and Procedures for the agency.
- Knowledge of basic principles of MH and I/DD.
- Ability to work with persons who may be different from me in
areas of ability, age, economic status, socially, etc; empathy an
understanding of consumer problems and ability to respond to these
problems; ability to determine consumer needs; ability to engage
with and build a rapport with the person served.
- Become familiar with and implement the individual's
habilitation plan such as Person-Centered Plan or Individual
Support Plan, or to address the individual's identified goals
according to the service definition.
- Document the service provided in progress notes within 24 hours
of service provided.
- Supervise paraprofessionals or associate professionals who
document the service provided in weekly progress notes.
- Obtain &/or submit all required documentation by the
deadlines specified by the Billing Dept.
- Obtain and keep current all training required by the agency,
according to the service provided and according to the individual's
- Ensure that all staff they supervise obtain and keep current
all training required by the agency, according to the service
provided and according to the individual's needs.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and consumer
- Receive supervision from Qualified Professional (QP)/Chief
Operations Officer as needed.
- Provide supervision to Paraprofessionals (PP), or Associate
Professionals (AP) as required.
- Ensure those whom you supervise work only authorized hours
unless specifically approved in advance by Supervisor or COO.
- Report changes in person's condition, family situation, or
needs to the Supervisor &/or guardian-if applicable.
- Report any allegation of consumer abuse, neglect, or
exploitation of consumer to Supervisor immediately, so it may be
investigated and an incident report to be completed, along with a
report to the local DSS.
- Ensure that staff whom you supervise report any allegation of
consumer abuse, neglect, or exploitation of consumer to Supervisor
so it may be investigated and an incident report be completed,
along with a report to the local DSS.
- Report any destruction or theft of agency property to
Supervisor/Chief Operations Officer.
- Report any possible fraud against the consumer or agency to the
Supervisor/Chief Operations Officer to be investigated.
- Reprimand/write up staff as needed, following company policies
- Screen new admissions and follow policies and procedures.
- Keep emergency sheets updated and keep copies in easily
accessible but confidential area in company vehicle and in
- Assure proper reporting of all accidents/incidents and train
direct care staff to properly document accidents/incidents with
assistance from QM Director.
- Always report accidents/incidents to consumer's care
coordinator-if applicable, Area Supervisor, and/or QM Director the
day of the incident if it occurs on a weekday and if on a weekend
as soon as possible on the Monday morning following the
accident/incident. Report to guardians the day of the
- Written Incident Reports must be completed and entered into
IRIS with 72 hours of when notified of the incident, including
- Provide coordination and assistance in crisis interventions and
stabilization during psychiatric/behavioral emergencies.
- Assure compliance in sanitation, safety requirements, and
building code requirements as mandated by the Construction Section
of Facility Services.
- Assure all personnel regulations are met.
- Delegate responsibilities to all staff to provide proper
coverage of PSR program during operating hours. Handle
- Assure that duties are performed and documented properly as
- Assure record keeping of consumer attendance.
- Assure PSR program is kept stocked with cleaning supplies and
that they are kept locked up.
- Assure fire extinguishers are serviced yearly and checked
monthly for secureness of pin and fullness of tank.
- Assure proper care of company vehicle by following company
policies and procedures. Notify Area Supervisor or problems with
brakes, tires, etc.
- Review staff time sheets/overtime and forward to main
- Always follow the chain of command in reporting
problems/grievances, and then use the Employee Grievance/Complaint
Form, only if necessary.
- Document release of confidential information on the
- Complete all processes on ICIMS dealing with posting employment
positions, interviewing and hiring staff, and with staff
- Responsible for the program petty cash budget and completing
and submitting reconciliation recaps monthly.
- Responsible for program credit/debit cards and maintaining
records with receipts.
- Perform other duties as required by circumstances.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- Must have at least one year experience working with individuals
with SPMI / IDD
- Must have two years of hands-on experience with adults with
mental illness and prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull a minimum of 50-pounds.
- Must not have substantiated findings on the NC Personnel
Registry or Health Care Program
- Must have a clear SBI and DMV record and maintain during
- Must have a valid NC Driver's License.
- Must have had at least 8 years of driving experience, as this
is a requirement of company's liability insurance carrier.
Keywords: Therapeutic Alternatives, High Point , PSR Director, Other , Troy, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!