Director, Data Science & Predictive Analytics
Location: High Point
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Leads teams responsible for enterprise wide analytics, model
building, and data governance. Responsible for development of all
algorithms across the enterprise, overseeing quantitative and
qualitative comprehensive risk intelligence information for
management decision making, leading the development of predictive
models and key risk indicator metrics, and oversight of company and
client data to ensure compliance with applicable policy and
- Leads efforts to plan, design strategy, build, deploy, and
monitor data governance frameworks and predictive models to ensure
enterprise risks are mitigated and revenue opportunities are
leveraged. Serves as the senior leader over the Company's data
mining and analytics strategy. Ensures data compliance with
applicable policies and regulations and uses predictive analytics
to drive the business forward.
- Leads deployment of the Paychex IHS Small Business Jobs Index
each month, partnering with third-party economists to analyze
results, publish findings, and develop further Index
- Consults with senior management and peers across the enterprise
in the area of model development and data governance, while
identifying ongoing opportunities for model usage and data
improvements, to assist in enhancing growth.
- Advocates for Paychex as a thought leader in the Big Data and
governance space through internal presentations and industry
conferences, domestically and abroad, to advance our competitive
positioning within the industry.
- Leads data-monetization initiatives and identifies
opportunities to develop and grow this revenue stream.
- Leads data-mining and data governance personnel to deliver
reporting and analysis of key risk indicators on a weekly, monthly,
and ad hoc basis, identifying potential situations for risk
mitigation decision making.
- Monitors the integrity of reported statistics related to risk
processes to ensure data accuracy. Oversees the creation of
automated processes for collection of information.
- Provides support and direction of ongoing research and
development of processes and policies related to the selection and
use of data to ensure data is sufficient and used
- Develops and maintains review-infrastructure to prioritize
efforts within the review model.
- Recruits, selects, hires, and evaluates performance of
personnel to ensure all departmental needs are handled
appropriately. Counsels and develops staff for personal and
corporate advancement through career development, training
programs, and other resources as required for professional
- Trains staff on product changes, Risk Management, and Risk
Analytics processes to ensure staff is fully trained and knowledge
- Prepares the capital and operating budgets for the cost center
and analyzes interdepartmental reports as they relate to the cost
center. Achieves cost center projections through labor expense and
administrative expense controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computational Statistics or Computer
Science - Required
- 4 years of experience in Leadership experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Related field.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and
commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external
success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is
exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee
development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness
in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social
Keywords: Paychex, High Point , Director, Data Science & Predictive Analytics, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!