Sales Account Manager II - Water Focus
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Want to work for a company that is reimagining
distribution? Join Univar
Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct
extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their
quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and
logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service,
sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an
unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play
an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
What You’ll Do
The Sales Account Manager builds profitable sales in an assigned
territory through additional sales with current customers and
demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business
development. Responsible for both, Individual and Team Sales
for existing and new business within assigned territory.
Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a
long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them
for further business and maximizing the margin they create while
reducing the time and costs in managing them.
Where a team selling model has been deployed and there are
multiple Sales Account Managers assigned to an account, we will
modify the focus and execution of each seller’s role as
- New Business Development - Field based/In Person.
- Maintain and grow existing customer base - Office based –
phone, email. In person, as needed.
- Assigned Product portfolio /SPOT management - Office based –
phone, email. In person, as needed.
- Enhance Univar Solutions’ position within each account using
consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively
grow the size of your territory.
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Grow size of territory for municipal and industrial water
treatment business. Implements Univar’s Water Treatment marketing
plans and strategy.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to
increase our overall value to the customer. Uncover
needs/opportunities and matches them with Water Treatment
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar Solutions
employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and
any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serves as initial contact for international chemical
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls
and effective customer entertainment.
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Sales Position with a
proven track record of success in Water Treatment Chemicals
- Bachelor’s degree (Technical Science, Chemistry
- In depth knowledge of water treatment industry, processes, and
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability
to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers
as well as internal teammates.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and
PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business
relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of
chemical products and services.
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to
uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to
close a sale.
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize
appropriate value for products and services.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or other protected
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including
medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO
and much more.
Keywords: Univar Solutions, High Point , Sales Account Manager II - Water Focus, Other , Jamestown, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!