Resident Care Coord
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: October 3, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Provides direct supervision of care giving within the community.
Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity recognizing
individual needs and encouraging independence. Fosters a homelike
atmosphere throughout the community.
- Provides direct supervision of resident care staff, which
includes monitoring job performance, conducting associate
performance evaluations, coaching and counseling associates and
conducting and documenting corrective action as needed.
- Coordinates training and education of resident care staff on an
- Verifies all associate hours on time cards and weekly hour's
report. Completes nursing schedules to assure proper coverage to
meet resident needs and according to budget.
- Assigns weekly blood pressures and weights to rotating
- Monitors staff in administration of medication, to include
frequents audits of medication sheets.
- Assists the Health and Wellness Director in medication
management, including administration of medications to residents,
ordering medication from pharmacy and maintaining records as
dictated in Brookdale Senior Living policies and procedures manual.
Assures that medications are properly stored, medication
carts/cupboards are cleaned and medication room is organized
according to standards.
- Observes residents health status, takes actions to address
concerns within scope of practice, and reports all significant
changes, reactions to medications and treatment or significant
incidences to Health and Wellness Director in a timely manner.
Reviews capabilities of resident who self-administer medications on
a regular basis (refer to state regulations regarding medication
assistance and documentation).
- Conducts pre-admission screening of prospective new residents
when assigned by supervisor and updates every six months or as
needed. Assures that all required documentation, including service
plans and nursing assessments, is completed.
- Performs ongoing assessments of resident physical and
psycho-social needs and coordinates with nurse to assure quality
proactive care as allowed by state regulation.
- Communicates to families regarding resident's personal needs
and achievements. Reminds families of need for scheduled physician,
dental, or eye appointments.
- Assists in organizing and developing service plan reviews as
required, with appropriate resident care team members and resident
- Observes residents, records significant reactions, and notifies
Executive Director, Health and Wellness Director, physician, and
pharmacist (as applicable) of resident's condition and reaction to
drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds promptly to all emergency calls from residents,
including residents residing in independent section of
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly safety and infection control
checks of the home and grounds, assisting the Executive Director
and the Health and Wellness Director for resident health and
- Coordinates monthly staff schedules, arranges replacement
staffing when necessary and maintains clear records of all changes,
requests and irregularities.
- Assures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, psych visits, labs, x-ray, ambulance, etc. are
scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in the maintenance of resident records including
review of documentation performed by resident assistants, monthly
MAR reviews, setting up new resident and thinning records
- Participates in department quality improvement activities, to
include completion of quality assurance surveys as assigned by
Executive Director and/or the Health and Wellness Director.
- Shares on call duties as required.
- Participates in community functions including family socials
and open houses. Communicates with community professionals.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, High Point , Resident Care Coord, Other , Asheboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!