Manufacturing Shift Supervisor, 3rd Shift
Company: Cornerstone Building Brands
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Manufacturing Shift Supervisor, 3rd Shift
Welcome, NC 27295, USA
Saturday, October 9,
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor, 3rd Shift performs frontline
supervisory functions and is responsible for safety, corrective
action, associate relations, housekeeping and performance reviews
for a shift or for multiple shifts of hourly associates as well as
making recommendations to improve production methods, equipment
performance and quality of product. Supervises, directs, advises,
and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with
established manufacturing policies and procedures to ensure
production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on
quality, safety, and environmental responsibility. In addition,
this position will actively encourage and support concepts of
associate involvement, continuous improvement, 5S, and lean
- Facilitates the manufacture of building products to meet
production demands, while ensuring quality, safety, and
- In conjunction with appropriate plant leadership, develops and
implements staffing guidelines to maximize utilization of human
resources while controlling manpower costs. Hires, supervises,
evaluates, and replaces staff as required to ensure performance
objectives are met/exceeded.
- Maintain a high degree of leadership and supervisory skills
including: Developing and training teammates so they are prepared
to assume positions of increasing responsibilities; evaluate
teammates generally annually and give feedback to perform better;
and hold shift meetings for Safety and Production items as
instructed by the manager.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to include 5S and
conversion cost reduction.
- Provides technical leadership and training to shift personnel
in areas that may include line setup/operation, testing, tooling,
troubleshooting, machine metrics definition/reporting, changeover,
safety procedures, record keeping, and training
- Identifies potential career paths for associates and works with
associates to develop their skills and knowledge in order to
progress within the company.
- Provides documentation and follow up to training and job
- Interviews qualified candidates for manufacturing positions and
recommends candidates for hire.
- Assigns personnel to extrusion lines or production areas and
oversees line or area rotations and break schedules during assigned
shift(s) by maintaining a high degree of communication skills to
accomplish seamless shift changes and troubleshooting
- Completes or oversees completion of paperwork relative to line
operation, operator logs, PM logs, audits, and corrective
- Interrupt the normal flow of work to respond to any short
notice production or shipping needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety policies and
regulations and ability to address all unsafe acts and
- Administers policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provides coaching and counselling to associates and corrective
action when needed, always following the company
- Ability to promote overall goals of company in safety, quality,
delivery, and cost.
- Identifies and assists with implementations for continuous
process improvement. Uses statistics or SPC to help better control
the extrusion and/or production or assembly process.
- Control’s materials to eliminate waste.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology, Management,
Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible
supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills,
combined with the ability to educate and train non-degreed
operators and technicians in a production environment.
- Ability to play a true team member role with other key plant
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, mentor and train
associates on a regular basis.
- A highly skilled and motivated individual proficient in all
areas of extrusion operation.
- Possesses a high degree of current quality standards and
checks. Proficient in STOP and 5S principles.
- Upper level mathematical and mechanical skills
- Proficient in use of calipers and other measuring
- Knowledge of PVC resin/compound blending preferred for some
- Knowledge of fenestration process experience may also be
- Knowledge of work orders, schedules and priorities and ability
to carry out tasks.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Some experience with HRIS systems, onboarding, and time keeping
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building
products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the
breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our
expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities
across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined
with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us
to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated
metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal
accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of
that building, positively contributes to communities where people
live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation or national origin.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby
unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's
name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In
some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone
and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are
placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate
websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically
promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker
send money to pay for things such as visa applications or
processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands
will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance
payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or
- Job Family Manufacturing
Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Cornerstone Building Brands, High Point , Manufacturing Shift Supervisor, 3rd Shift, Other , Welcome, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!