Structural Steel and Welding Foreman
Location: High Point
Posted on: November 13, 2021
- Supervise structural steel department to include welding and
- Day-to day management and supervision consisting of manual
welding, spot welding, robotic welding and grinding teams spanning
two shifts in a fast-paced production environment (have robotic
plasma equipment and will be adding a robotic welding system this
- Proactively improve existing or develop new welding processes,
develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and
- Provide technical support to manufacturing operations,
engineering, estimating, quality.
- Define and document welding procedures, work instructions,
tooling requirements to guide production and welding personnel
relating to specification requirements, restrictions, material
processes, pre- and post-heating requirements, unusual fabrication
methods, welding of critical joints, inspections and, equipment
- Monitor and control efficiency regarding production
- Meet project schedule and ensure product meets quality
- Promote and enforce safety policies and lead morning safety
- Identify problems and implement solutions relating to quality,
schedule, safety, product design, changing customer requirements,
cost improvements, and measure results.
- Be an active member of the plant safety/chemical response
- Track and manage budget throughout the production cycle.
- Ensure all equipment is operational and periodic maintenance is
current and documented.
- Review drawing packages prior to project start date to ensure
all information is present and correct.
- Perform various personnel actions including, but not limited
to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and
- Any other job-related duties as may be assigned.Here's a
summary of who we're seeking:
- Knowledge of A.I.S.C., welding, metallurgy, structural steel,
blue prints, and paint processes preferred.
- Welding experience to include familiarity of weld standards and
weld system standards, weld instruction
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of applicable product design.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing processes.
- Personal computer skills - ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, Project, and Google Workspace.
- Knowledgeable in safety and Hazardous materials requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, coaching, and
- Skilled in plant safety and construction requirements.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, people, and
- Accept every challenge to meet product specifications.
- Vision for success and the ability to develop quality
Keywords: Experis, High Point , Structural Steel and Welding Foreman, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!