Solutions Architect (Flexible Work Location)
Company: Old Dominion Freight Line
Location: High Point
Posted on: November 19, 2022
This role is a member of the ODFL Application Delivery Team.
This team is responsible for evaluating the business needs by
analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development
and propose solutions leveraging software, hardware, or
infrastructure and to enable Old Dominion Freight Line to serve our
Customers better than anyone else.Working closely with Enterprise
Architecture, IT Application Development, and Operations Leaders
this role will shape the architecture and engineering of Old
Dominions strategy for DevOps, modern application architectures,
and the supporting middleware capabilities.This position is
responsible for enabling significant organizational and
technological change by providing a foundation for continuous
integration and delivery of business capabilities with the goal of
continuously improving Old Dominions ability to exceed our
customers expectations.Primary Responsibilities
- Act as a strategic solution advisor to the IT engineering
- Lead programs to develop, maintain, and govern Continuous
Integration and Delivery capabilities across the enterprise
- Develop, socialize, and communicate IT DevOps architectural
- Participate in the Architecture / Design Review Board
- Lead the architecture and engineering of application delivery
- Continuous Integration and Delivery through a Source-To-Image
- Application resiliency, high availability, and security
- Application elasticity and scalability
- Application monitoring and alerting
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis,
problem definition, requirements, solution development, and
- Developing the program/project solution architecture, including
diagrams, data models, and other artifacts as required (primarily
at the logical level of the solution architecture).
- Ensuring that the delivered solution meets the functional,
performance, cost constraint and technical operations requirements
that have been agreed to for the project.
- Ensuring detailed designers have what they need to complete
- Translates Enterprise Architecture artifacts and guidance into
the logical design.
- Developing and maintaining a holistic picture of the solution,
and providing technical oversight of the detailed design
activities, and implementation and testing of the design.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing
documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments
and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing
system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development
tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment;
participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in
- Improves delivery operations by conducting systems analysis;
recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information
from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Continuously improves by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
development and service issues.
- Accountable to accomplish engineering and organization mission
while completing solution delivery.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs;
conferring with users and internal cross discipline IT department;
studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes;
investigating problem areas; following the software development
- Coach and mentor solution designers, software engineers, and
system engineers in the principles and practicalities of modern
application deliveryJob QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination
of relevant education, training and experienceExperience:
- 10 years of experience in application development
- 2 years of experience in IT architecture and engineering
- Direct experience in the architecture of PaaS, Public / Private
/ Hybrid Cloud and DevOps platforms
- Experience with data management, architecture patterns, and
large-scale application platforms
- Experience with distributed computing environments
- Agile software development experience preferred
- Requires knowledge and use of containerization and
- Experience with Application-to-Application integration
- Aptitude for, desire to, and experience in mentoring developers
- Exceptional partnering and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-pace work to meet
required deadlinesJoin the OD Family Today!As a Full Time member of
our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union access, Vacation & Holiday
- Birthday Holiday who doesnt love some extra attention on their
Birthday?Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Keywords: Old Dominion Freight Line, High Point , Solutions Architect (Flexible Work Location), Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!