Location: High Point
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
4301 Cheyenne Dr
Archdale NC, 27263
Responsible for inspecting and auditing production and processes of assigned product lines or manufacturing areas. This includes: ensuring compliance to in-house specifications, standards, and good manufacturing practices; data collection and reporting of results; rejection of nonconforming lots; clearly communicating product and process quality issues in a timely manner to Manufacturing , Engineering and Quality personnel; recommending ideas for quality improvements (defect reduction).
Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform visual, functional and/or dimensional inspections of product assemblies in accordance with inspection instructions and specifications to verify that quality, production, and customer standards/requirements are met.
* Perform process audits as assigned to verify that correct quality and manufacturing practices are being followed.
* Document and relay any discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
* Report inspection findings to a data collection system or as directed.
* Ensure inspection status of product is clearly identified.
* Identify non-conforming material for rework and provide rework instructions.
* Train Operators in the use of inspection gages and techniques, test procedures and requirements, and standard work as required.
* Make recommendations on inspection, product, productivity, tracking, reporting and/or scrap improvements, while maintaining or improving current quality standards.
* Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe working environment at all times.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
* Good communication skills required
* Basic math skills required
* Strong attention to detail, efficiency and accuracy
* Innovative thinker
* Must be a self-starter
* Ability to exercise independent judgment
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities
* Ability to work with area Group Leader(s) and Supervisor(s)
* Ability to interpret work instructions/drawings/specifications/visual standards
* Computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.) desired
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Keywords: Hubbell, High Point , Quality Assurance, Other , High Point, North Carolina
here to apply!