Company: Victorian Senior Care
Location: High Point
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Overview:Assists the ED/Administrator in the performance of
management duties, routinely supervises other staff and generally
maintains the home's operations in compliance with licensing rules
and assumes full management of the home in the absence of the
- Follow the policies and procedures of the facility governing
the administering of medications to residents.
- Note and report errors in the administration of
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures or programs of
the facility that seek to determine what medication errors are
taking place, when, where and why they occur and how they can be
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing
necessary forms, charts, reports, etc., and submit these as
- Participate and cooperate with any facility surveys/inspections
made by authorized government agencies as requested by
- Participate in QA Programs, the Pharmaceutical Services
Committee and any other facility committee or program which affects
the medication pass and seeks to improve the performance and
accuracy of the medication process.
- Attend and participate in Care Plan meetings as necessary.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs
designed to keep you updated of changes in your profession, as well
as to maintain your certification on a current status.
- Follow established safety precautions and report all hazardous
conditions and equipment.
- Provide assistance to residents with activities of daily living
according to residents' Care Plan.
- Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical
safety of each resident.
- Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to
residents, their families and visitors
- Work with resident care coordinator and/or Administrator
regarding resolution of residents needs.
- Find coverage for all call-ins for direct care staff.
- Keep updated work schedule as call outs or changes occur.
- Assure that all training is kept up to date and documented for
- Monitor the halls continuously.
- Conduct orientation and supervision of staff during your
- Assist with orientation of new residents into the home.
- Assure the general well being of the residents at all
- Meet visitors, responsible parties, family members and social
workers and assist in reason for their visit.
- Conduct tours of the facility as needed.
- Be familiar with and be able to apply all of the adult care
home's accident, fire safety, OSHA and emergency procedures.
- Listen to the concerns or comments of staff and residents, and
report issues to the Administrator.
- Assure quick and appropriate response by staff to call lights,
alarms, and other signaling devices.
- Assure that the care plans of all residents are appropriately
- Assure that medications are stored properly in the
- Maintain a friendly, productive, working relationship with
other members of the department of nursing, attending physicians,
the Medical Director and Pharmacists.
- Report any complaints or grievances made by residents to the
- Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical
safety of each resident.
- Be familiar with residents bill of rights and assist residents
in exercising those rights.
- Notify the Director immediately of any concerns of
neglect/abuse/exploitation by other staff.
- Follow all regulations as required by federal HIPPA laws.
- Perform other duties as required by circumstances.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have minimum of six months of supervisory experience.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and follow
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to Lift, Push, Pull, and Carry a minimum of 50
- Must be able to Bend, Stoop, Squat, and reach overhead as
- Must be CPR Certified or willing to become CPR certified within
60 days of hire.
- Must have or obtain C.N.A. or Personal Care Aide Certificate
(80-Hour) with Personal Care Aide training within 6-months of
- Must have or obtain 15-Hour Medication Aide Certificate within
30-days of Hire.
- Must complete Medication Aide Check off within 30-days of
- Must have or obtain Medication Aide Certification within
60-days of Check off.
- Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel
Registry or Health Care Program and maintain during duration of
- Must have a clear SBI record and maintain during duration of
- Must have a two-step tuberculin skin test (first test prior to
hire and second test within two weeks of first test).
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with other personnel.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the
- Must maintain resident confidentiality and resident rights at
- Must be available to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Keywords: Victorian Senior Care, High Point , Supervisor-In-Charge, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...