Company: SYNTEC SEATING SOLUTIONS, LLC
Location: High Point
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift Summary: Directs and coordinates the activities of the production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in the industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Pay rate is $14.00 per hour. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for production, quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Assess and assist in upgrading the front line leadership talent base within operations to achieve growth and meet market needs (i.e. reduced cost, shorter manufacturing/product introduction cycle times and on-time delivery.
- Conceive, research plan, target, and control reductions in cost and product lead times on existing and new productions.
- Establish uniform methods of operations.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Ensures manufacturing lines are adequately staffed per manufacturing schedule, adjusting associates as needed by daily production requirements.
- Reviews production and operating report and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and optimize efficient use of resources.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization with major focus on the Robotic Welding & Bending equipment, and Powder Coat Painting.
- Ensure line associates follow established manufacturing process and meet production requirements.
- Provide recommendations for correction or improvement as appropriate. Approach all activities with the Organizations Goals, 5S, and 7 Wastes mentality. Kaizen experience.
- Promote a positive and growth/opportunity-oriented mindset among peers and any subordinates
- Works with HR to settle worker grievances or unsettled grievances are communicated to General and Human Resource Manager.
- Compiles, stores and retrieves production data.
- Other duties as assigned. PPE Required: Syntec will supply safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves Employee must own or purchase a pair of steel-toed shoes. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. SynTec is an equal-opportunity employer. Education / Experience: Bachelor's Degree; with four to seven years of practical manufacturing experience in a plant environment. Robotic Welding, Robotic Bending, Manual Welding, Robotics experience, Powder Coat Painting, Cut & Sew and Upholstery responsibility. 5S and Kaizen experience is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required. Knowledge of quality measurement methods, solid mechanics and hands on experience in testing and data analysis is preferred. Language Skills: Fluent English reading/writing skills are required; Spanish language skills desired. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: SYNTEC SEATING SOLUTIONS, LLC, High Point , Manufacturing Supervisor, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!