Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: High Point
Posted on: August 9, 2019
Title: Sr Scientist III
Location: High Point, NC
Division: Pharma Services Group (PSG)
How will you make an impact?
The Sr Scientist III investigates, creates, and validates new
scientific methodologies used to control raw materials, production
intermediates, and final products on a complex scope of projects.
May be involved in pre-clinical, clinical, and/or post-marketing
stages of drug development. Works on technical/scientific project
activities to execute strategies and technical solutions that meet
client needs and expectations. Participates in technical
discussions with clients with a high level of technical
proficiency. Engages in creation of processes and equipment design
for clinical, scale up, and/or registration batches, including
technology transfer of projects to and from clients. Evaluates and
contributes to the design of manufacturing processes and supports
problem solving as necessary with independent judgement. Typically
works in a specific scientific area, such as analytical
development, cell culture, purification, process validation,
formulations, and/or manufacturing technical support. Makes
decisions that require developing new options to solve complex
What will you do?
- Participates in development of scientific strategy.
- Develops realistic proposals and timelines.
- Leads meetings/teleconferences with clients.
- Coordinates development of methods and processes that meet or
exceed the expectations from clients and provide innovation as
- Coordinates research of industry practices and processes and
applies to innovative drug development internally and for client
- Presents recommendations internally and to clients.
- Leads projects without supervision; may lead multiple projects,
including managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Guides and advises during implementation of new methodologies
- Solves problems related to the conduct of chemical
- Liaises with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory
functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard
Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory
Practices and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company
and facility standards.
How will you get here?
Education & Experience
Masters with 5-6 years work experience or PhD preferred with at
least 3-4 years work experience
Relocation assistance is approved for qualified candidates.If you
are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for
further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: biopharma, cytometry,
histotechnologist, medical, medicine, microbiological,
pharmaceutical, pharmacology, pharmacy, therapeutic Associated
topics: biopharma, cytometry, histotechnologist, medical, medicine,
microbiological, pharmaceutical, pharmacology, pharmacy,
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, High Point , Sr Scientist, Other , High Point, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!