Principal Business Analyst PO&T IT
Posted on: January 6, 2022
As a technical group supporting PO&T we are seeking a talented
individual to innovatively address and solve process, technology,
data, information and analysis challenges. The successful candidate
will be a member of the PO&T IT group and will work in close
partnership with their peers across the Company. Members of the
PO&T IT group will be expected to deal with a changing and
diverse arena and should display a willingness to learn new
technology and systems supporting PO&T.
As a member of the PO&T IT team, the business Analyst role will
be responsible for gathering use cases and requirements in support
of initial concepts and projects. S/he will work with stakeholders
to ensure that the stakeholder needs are accurately captured and
clear to create a best fit solution. S/he will define data flow and
business process diagrams and research the potential use of
existing tools. They will also be responsible for deliverables per
the system development life cycle such as business requirements,
functional requirements, traceability matrices, etc.
What You'll Do
- Eliciting, refining and documenting requirements from end users
via interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business
process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task
and workflow analysis.
- Analyzing and evaluating information gathered from multiple
sources, reconciling conflicts, translating high-level information
into details, as well as being able to redefine low level details
into higher level general overarching documentation, and
distinguishing user requests from the underlying true business
- Translating business needs into application and operational
requirements to ensure that the business requirements are
understood so that plan, build, and run can effectively
- Delivering the following artifacts as needed: Business
Requirements, Functional requirements, Use Cases, Test cases,
Validation protocols and drive document review processes
- Working with end users to define concepts with the guidance of
- Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives
- Serving as the conduit between the end users and the technical
- Manage regular meeting with stakeholders and end users.
- Define and develop the IT platform roadmap, including relevant
performance measures, addressing current issues and challenges,
future plans for changes and opportunities for improvement.
- Complete tasks related to run support and life cycle management
of PO&T IT applications.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Analyzing information
gathered and translating the business needs into requirements that
will then be shared with stakeholders. This person will be a great
communicator who is organized and able to work on different
- Only personnel with a minimum of 5 years' professional
experience as a business analysis with applicable experience within
bio-pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical research, and /or the medical
device industry as well as scientific background will be considered
for this role
- Demonstrable knowledge and background in Life Sciences Projects
delivery as a business analyst.
- Excellent proficiency in technical writing and technical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
communicate complex technology matters to audiences with varying
degrees of technical background. Proficiency in articulating how
technology can be used to enhance/enable PO&T
- Experience with software development life cycle methodology(s)
such as agile and waterfall, and the components that make up the
software life cycle in line with highly structured framework, e.g.
- Perform basic data analysis and visualization using common
programming scripting languages SQL, Python and PowerBI
- Strong client interface and presentation skills, able to build
relationships and a willingness to extend across multiple facets of
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills, with the
ability to interact with business users, technical team, project
managers, senior management, outsourced service providers, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment; team
player; must possess strong time management skills, attention to
detail and organization skills.
- Track record of initiative and outstanding performance, along
with being a self-starter and ability to perform and complex task
and resolve issues with a minimum of supervision.
- Passion for learning.
Minimum BA Or BS In Life Sciences/computer Sciences Required
"Diversity is key for the survival of our ecosystem. I believe it
is the single most important factor for a balanced flourishing
environment where everyone thrives."
- Guy Hadari - Chief Information Officer- Biogen
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Biogen, High Point , Principal Business Analyst PO&T IT, Professions , Bennett, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!