Company: Grede - Biscoe Facility
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform various maintenance tasks
to ensure preventative/proactive maintenance and timely repair per
written and verbal procedures in a safe, efficient, and quality
manner. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor of the
- Includes duties, such as, repair and maintenance of plant
facilities, machinery, and equipment in accordance with blueprints,
manuals, and codes as directed by supervision and production
- Has the ability to function as a lead person in the absence of
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following;
- Demonstrates 110% compliance with safety and environmental
- Specialized skills or technical training may be substituted to
fulfill part of this requirement at the discretion of maintenance
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, example, and the
absence of crisis through preventative maintenance.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.Training Skills:
- Must be trained in safety procedures including, lockout/tagout,
confined space procedures, hazard recognition, PPE requirements and
use, and any other safety requirements.Requirements:
- HSD or GED preferred.
- Minimum of two years maintenance experience.
- Must be able to stand, bend, twist, knell, walk for 10+
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in an extreme hot environment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and comply with
requirements when working in regulated areas* Maintenance uniforms
and all PPE are provided except your first pair of steel toed
boots. General hand tools are to be brought by the employee;
specific tools are provided by the plant*You'll be working on 3
phase motors, 480v wiring/panels, ABB troubleshooting, teaching
points, any welding robots, Allen Bradley troubleshooting, HMI's,
VFD's, conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics, schematic reading, Disa
molding machines, Summit foundry systems, shot blasters,
welding/fabrication skill (structural), AMH experience, motor
control troubleshooting, ladder logic, induction furnace.*Hours
worked on the holiday are paid at the regular rate + an additional
8 hours of Holiday Pay for the day itself*Employees are paid weekly
on FridaysYou should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- PLC troubleshooting
- Preventive Maintenance
- Electrical Schematics
- RoboticsMachines & technologies you'll use:
- Servo Motors
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)Salary info:$20 - $30 /
Keywords: Grede - Biscoe Facility, High Point , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Biscoe, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!