Veterans Preferred - Lead Plant Operator
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10037194 Lead Plant
Colfax, NC - Filling industrial
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Discover an exciting Career with AIRGAS!!
We have immediate openings and we want you to join our team!
CALL JACOB AT YOUR 980-445-9764
OR TEXT "Lead Plant Operator " to 980-445-9764
Lead Plant Operator - Monday - Friday AM
Location: Colfax, NC
Schedule: Mon - Fri - AM
If you are seeking a company that values its employees, encourages
growth and development, and makes a global impact, Airgas is the
place for you. Join our team and be a part of an organization that
is shaping the future of the gas and welding industry while
fostering a culture of excellence and innovation.
- This position will have direct reports.
- Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or
repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and
tests before cylinders are released.
- Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained - cylinders
requiring maintenance or repair are
- removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated
pressure gages and
- monitoring devices.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight,
whichever is appropriate.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and
that all required procedures
- are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, quality of
- product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of
equipment to increase
- efficiency of work crew.
- Conduct periodic plant checks for safe and efficient
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
Are you a MATCH?
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 0 - 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably
in a manufacturing or
- Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8
hours; frequent bending, stooping,
- crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling,
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, if
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30
to 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
California Privacy Notice
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, High Point , Veterans Preferred - Lead Plant Operator, Professions , Colfax, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!