Associate Category Manager
Company: Foster Caviness Company
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Basic Job Concept:Positively impact people! In this role you
will effect change, be yourself, and have a positive impact on our
company, our community, and our future! The ACM is an entry-level
role designed as an introduction and training role for those
seeking a career in perishable Supply Chain Management. The role
consists of three main components: Category Manager support, Supply
Chain project management, and comprehensive produce industry
training. This role is specifically designed for those wanting to
learn by doing.Who You Are:You are self-motivated. You thoroughly
enjoy analyzing complex problems, working in an ever-changing
environment and gaining knowledge through hand's learning. You love
people, processes, and performance. You believe in the power of
'team' and are driven by a sincere desire to see others succeed.
You are a change agent, live culture, and believe in community. You
seek collaboration to find the best answers and are not afraid to
take calculated risk.
- Track record of following-through and overcoming challenges in
various organizations and/or settings
- Advanced understanding of MSOffice365 (Excel, Outlook,
- Desire to start a career in Perishable Supply Chain
- Willingness to help wherever needed, within the supply chain
team, as well as geographically as opportunities arise
- Flexibility! In produce, things change quickly. It's exciting
and stressful, but with a good team around you it can also be a lot
- Minimum 2 years general work experience
- A positively impactful attitude to help achieve individual and
team goals and objectives What You'll Do:
- Source high quality products and the appropriate value.
- Study forecasts and trends to ensure fill rate objectives are
met while minimizing shrink.
- Facilitate an atmosphere of great communication between Buyers,
Salespeople, and Operations team members.
- Support, own, and lead all facets of our procurement and supply
chain functionalities relative to your items.
- Own the successful deployment and onboarding process of new
business (as it pertains to supply chain) including but not limited
to creating new items, forecasting usages, pricing strategies
- Partner with various 3rd procurement groups to identify and
select contract commitments.
- Partner with operations to ensure inventory and quality levels
are accurate and exceeding customer expectations.
- Analyze market reports and advise appropriate people of trends
and quality conditions.
- Manage all facets of freight and related expense including
local pick-ups, backhauls, west coast mixers, Florida trucks,
straight loads and LTL.
- Ensure that proper margin levels are achieved in compliance
with Customer contracts.
- Develop and deploy solutions to improve spoilage quantities,
fill rates, and other applicable metrics.
- Build supply chain solutions for our customers and clients
- Cross-train within the department, providing backup as needed
while expanding knowledge and abilities.
- Value the customer relationship, creating proactive
communication opportunities with internal and external
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of inbound POs and related pricing
- Ensure all costs for contracted items/customers are accurate
and auditable at acceptable pass rates.
- Ensure bill downs, protection, vendor credits and other
incentives are accurate and sufficient.
- Review margin from previous week to identify other areas of
opportunity for improvement. Also review daily reports to adjust or
catch any mistakes with pricing or invoicing.
- Establish and manage relationships with vendors to ensure our
orders are the first filled and the last to be cut in tight
- Ensure that all vendors are appropriate and complaint in the
ways necessary to mitigate liability and best represent our
- Understand market fluctuations and trends to ensure we lead the
industry with product when it is first available.
- Recommend and develop new product lines in conjunction with
sales & marketing.
- Identify new vendors, establish relationships, and develop
- Contribute in all ways to ensure the success and viability of
our companies future.
- Have fun and be a part of making Foster-Caviness amazing!!!What
You'll Bring to the Table:
- A sincere passion for positively impacting people and making
work, fun (this is first on the list for a reason!)
- Insightful, meaningful, relevant procurement skills and
- The ability to work as part of a team and perform consistently
at high levels.
- The ability to positively impact others and turn frowns into
- Commitment, loyalty, integrity, compassion, empathy and
Keywords: Foster Caviness Company, High Point , Associate Category Manager, Executive , Colfax, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!